Radvalve

U.S Manila Embassy Interview Canceled 3 times!

16 posts in this topic

The embassy web site states if you cancel a interview appointment 3 time you have to wait 90 days before you can reschedule.

My girl made a interview date of Feb 9th but it was impossible to complete the medical and have the results to the embassy in time so she canceled it and re-scheduled for February 26th. Then for some reason she canceled it and rescheduled for march 5th.

But during the medical exam the doctor told her to cancel the march 5 date because he was making her take the sputum test!

We have waited the 2 months for the sputum results and she went back to saint lukes and they gave her a CD and her vaccinations. They told her to leave the Philippines before July 22nd, so maybe this is when the medical exam reports expire?

Is the embassy very stricked on this 90 day penalty? Can I just pay the embassy another fee to avoid the 90 day penalty, or maybe they will charge me that again anyways! If we wait 90 days before we reschedule that will be may 30 before we get on line and make another appointment. Then most likely we will have to wait 30 days for a appointment and that puts us at first week of july for a interview, then I think she has to take some kind of class before she can fly here if she is approved!

This whole process has been VERY stressful, I had know idea what I was getting myself into when I decided to find a good girl living in another country! lol Meanwhile as we go through tons of paperwork, procedures, fees, medical exams and other BS, thousands of people are walking right into the U.S. across the Mexican border every day! Very frustrating! But that's another topic.. My question is do we have to wait the 90 days or can I just pay a penalty fee?

The embassy web site states if you cancel a interview appointment 3 time you have to wait 90 days before you can reschedule.

My girl made a interview date of Feb 9th but it was impossible to complete the medical and have the results to the embassy in time so she canceled it and re-scheduled for February 26th. Then for some reason she canceled it and rescheduled for march 5th.

But during the medical exam the doctor told her to cancel the march 5 date because he was making her take the sputum test!

We have waited the 2 months for the sputum results and she went back to saint lukes and they gave her a CD and her vaccinations. They told her to leave the Philippines before July 22nd, so maybe this is when the medical exam reports expire?

Is the embassy very stricked on this 90 day penalty? Can I just pay the embassy another fee to avoid the 90 day penalty, or maybe they will charge me that again anyways! If we wait 90 days before we reschedule that will be may 30 before we get on line and make another appointment. Then most likely we will have to wait 30 days for a appointment and that puts us at first week of july for a interview, then I think she has to take some kind of class before she can fly here if she is approved!

This whole process has been VERY stressful, I had know idea what I was getting myself into when I decided to find a good girl living in another country! lol Meanwhile as we go through tons of paperwork, procedures, fees, medical exams and other BS, thousands of people are walking right into the U.S. across the Mexican border every day! Very frustrating! But that's another topic.. My question is do we have to wait the 90 days or can I just pay a penalty fee?

Yes you can reschedule. No you have wait 90 days and yes you need to pay again and update some records because they will be older then 6 months. No passes to go to the front of the line.

Official statement here:Restrictions to Changing Appointments

Please be reminded that even though nonimmigrant visa fees are valid for one calendar year, options to schedule an appointment are limited. The U.S. Embassy in Manila schedules hundreds of thousands of nonimmigrant visa appointments each year and must accommodate requests both for new appointments and for those applicants who need to reschedule their appointments for whatever reason. Applicants are only allowed to reschedule twice (not including the initial appointment) without penalty. If the second rescheduling attempt is canceled, an applicant will only be allowed to reschedule a new date after a waiting period of 90 days. Please plan your visa application accordingly to avoid problems securing an interview appointment.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thanks for the reply, yes That is what I was reading, my question is to others that have already went through canceling 3 times, unless you have then you really don't know if its enforced. Its not the front of the line, right now there is available interview dates. Let me guess, if she does not fly out of the Philippines by the time the medical report expires then she has to re take the medical exam again!

Thanks for the reply, yes That is what I was reading, my question is to others that have already went through canceling 3 times, unless you have then you really don't know if its enforced. Its not the front of the line, right now there is available interview dates. Let me guess, if she does not fly out of the Philippines by the time the medical report expires then she has to re take the medical exam again!

You don't have to go through this to know. After helping others for years you hear and see things that is shared. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call the embassy regarding this because the last cancellation was because of SPUTUM.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ok, thanks Greenbaum, I guess what I was thinking about is the other stuff that's documented on the embassy page that they say one thing but then do something different, like (they will send you your packets) lol, yea right like that ever happen! This deal with canceling the 2 appointments was because of trying to accommodate there wish of having the medical 2 weeks before the interview! But then later I find out others have done it one month before the interview. That is why I ask the question because they seem to do stuff a little different then what they have documented, like its not set in stone even though its documented that way. But thanks for any info you can share

Ok, thanks Hank :)

Ok, thanks Greenbaum, I guess what I was thinking about is the other stuff that's documented on the embassy page that they say one thing but then do something different, like (they will send you your packets) lol, yea right like that ever happen! This deal with canceling the 2 appointments was because of trying to accommodate there wish of having the medical 2 weeks before the interview! But then later I find out others have done it one month before the interview. That is why I ask the question because they seem to do stuff a little different then what they have documented, like its not set in stone even though its documented that way. But thanks for any info you can share

Ok, thanks Hank :)

In response to "the embassy page that they say one thing but then do something different" yes I am sure that something "slips" through because of lack of knowledge or some other reason. But, we see that USEM usually sticks to there guns when it is black and white but most times the grey area is what is moving like ducks at the state fair. That's the area that can either bite your a$$ or you can get away with something that maybe someone else did not.

Your here at the right place to get help so keep asking your questions and we will do our best to help guide you. Hank brings up a good approach and it just maybe will work for you.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All, I just wanted to post a update for others that might have had to console the interview multiple times.

Hank_ was correct, because we console the interview because of sputum (that was the 3rd cancellation) we did NOT have to repay another fee. Thanks for the help Hank_ and Greenbaum.

As for waiting 90 days to reschedule I cant answer that because by the time we got sputum results we only had to wait 3 more days to complete the 90 days, so we just waited. But we did not have to pay the fee again so maybe you wouldn't have to wait the 90 days, but not sure on that part.

ST Lukes only gave her a CD that says bring to the U.S for medical follow up, I sure hope they sent the results to the embassy, they have had 5 weeks to do so! My question is does she bring this CD to the embassy interview or just leave it at home? I guess if you cant take a flash drive into the embassy you cant take a CD is my thought.

Hello All, I just wanted to post a update for others that might have had to console the interview multiple times.

Hank_ was correct, because we console the interview because of sputum (that was the 3rd cancellation) we did NOT have to repay another fee. Thanks for the help Hank_ and Greenbaum.

As for waiting 90 days to reschedule I cant answer that because by the time we got sputum results we only had to wait 3 more days to complete the 90 days, so we just waited. But we did not have to pay the fee again so maybe you wouldn't have to wait the 90 days, but not sure on that part.

ST Lukes only gave her a CD that says bring to the U.S for medical follow up, I sure hope they sent the results to the embassy, they have had 5 weeks to do so! My question is does she bring this CD to the embassy interview or just leave it at home? I guess if you cant take a flash drive into the embassy you cant take a CD is my thought.

You'll never use the CD. Its a drink coaster. Good luck on the remainder of your journey.

I answer this question and many others at my website. Follow the link at the twisting arrow.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

So just what is on the CD? I'm curious. Just tangible receipt for the $225 fee, haha?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

So just what is on the CD? I'm curious. Just tangible receipt for the $225 fee, haha?

X-rays, and that's it.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup just an X-ray.... wanna closer look at your sweetie? :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yup just an X-ray.... wanna closer look at your sweetie? :lol:

I do, haha.

Planning to make an 'E' size print and hang it in our family room! It'll be a good conversation piece.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.