mattdsoares

K1 Medical Before Packet 3?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello all,

My K1 petition was just approved for my Polish fiance today. I want us to be fully prepared for the interview process to speed up everything.

So, my question is, once I get a new case number from NVC can I use that to schedule her medical appointment before recieving Packet 3.

It's important to note that the Warsaw embassy is very streamlined in their K1 process. They only do a Packet 3, no Packet 4. Packet 3 just includes a checklist and brochure about stopping domestic violence. Nothing has to be emailed, faxed, or mailed back to them. The interview appointment is set up online through the ustraveldocs website just like a B2 tourist visa.

Ideally we'd like to have the medical done and vaxs taken care of so when we recieve packet 3 we can immediately schedule an interview. At the moment the earliest available K1 interview is on Tuesday, May 5. Like I said, Warsaw is a very fast smooth embassy.

So can this be done? Has it been done? Are there any drawbacks you know of?

Thanks!!

Edited by mattdsoares

At our embassy city, Kabul, there is only one medical center. The instructions say to send the interview date with the email to schedule the medical exam. Ours needs to be set up 5 days before the interview.

I contacted them and the medical center went ahead and scheduled our appointment! I think if you know when you want to have your interview, you can try to set up your medical. We don't know when we can get his interview, so getting the medical done will be one less thing potentially standing in our way.

In my mind, the clinic will forward the documents to the embassy and as long as they have your petition and\or DS-160, that paperwork should get matched up.

Edited by Amhara

Signature coming soon...

Hello all,

My K1 petition was just approved for my Polish fiance today. I want us to be fully prepared for the interview process to speed up everything.

So, my question is, once I get a new case number from NVC can I use that to schedule her medical appointment before recieving Packet 3.

It's important to note that the Warsaw embassy is very streamlined in their K1 process. They only do a Packet 3, no Packet 4. Packet 3 just includes a checklist and brochure about stopping domestic violence. Nothing has to be emailed, faxed, or mailed back to them. The interview appointment is set up online through the ustraveldocs website just like a B2 tourist visa.

Ideally we'd like to have the medical done and vaxs taken care of so when we recieve packet 3 we can immediately schedule an interview. At the moment the earliest available K1 interview is on Tuesday, May 5. Like I said, Warsaw is a very fast smooth embassy.

So can this be done? Has it been done? Are there any drawbacks you know of?

Thanks!!

Yes,once you receive your case number you can call the doctor and schedule an appointment. If it's in Warsaw you can take the xray and syphilis tests on the same day and later on go and see Dr. Gajer. You should obtain your vaccination record and bring it with you to Dr. Gajer. Based on the record he will determine which vaccines you need to take. You dont need to send anything back to the embassy or wait for pocket 3 to complete medical examination. They are valid for 6 months so the interview should take place within the 6 months period. Warsaw embassy is pretty fast and you will be able to book your interview on the next day, the earliest. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Good luck!!!

EDIT: Dr. Gajer doesn't send your medical results to embassy but puts in a sealed envelope and give it to you at the end of your examination.

Edited by emcia_81

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.