32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got the welcome letter today afternoon and I was able to complete DS-261 just now. It seems the website is still having technical issues. But keep trying the link and it is working. Just an update...

Now waiting for the fees to be invoiced...

PD April 10, 2014

PD April 10, 2014

I-130 Approved, April 30, 2014 (CSC)

US Consulate, Mumbai, India

AT NVC

NVC Received and Scanned June 04, 2014

NVC Case and IIN obtained via phone in June 09 2014

Welcome Letter Email Received: May 13, 2015

DS-261 (Choice of Agent) completed and submitted: May 13, 2015

DS-261 Reviewed over the phone on May 15, 2015

Received IV fee invoice email, May 22,2015

Paid Fees with money order

Paid Fees two days later online

Submitted documents, June 16th, 2015

AOS Checklist, July 18th, 2015

Submitted Checklist, Aug 14th, 2015

Case Complete by phone, Sep 23, 2015

CC Email: Sep 30, 2015

Interview Email: Oct 23, 2015

Interview Date: Dec 29, 2015

AT US Consulate:

Medical:

Finger Prints:

Interview:

Visa Issued:

Visa Received:

POE:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I am able to get into DS-261, But no welcome letter yet. Should I start application?

I am able to get into DS-261, But no welcome letter yet. Should I start application?

Timeline

Yes you can start filling form ..what is your pd

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Same here.

Sure we can start filling the DS-261 although we have not received the welcome letter yet?

Another thing: once I log in, I can only fill the DS-261 out but the fees are still not invoiced; is that normal?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have just had a better look and I see I can pay the IV fee (but not the AOS fee)

Edited by danielenglish

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Update: I have just filled the DS-261 but am still not able to pay the fees.

I thought I was because in the log in page (where I can complete the DS-261) the IV fee has a "PAY NOW" button but once I hit it .. it brings me to the same "NOT INVOICED" option.

Well, at least it is moving :)

In the confirmation page (for the DS-261) it is said that I should be able to pay the fees in 3/5 business days.

Let's see!

Timeline

Update: I have just filled the DS-261 but am still not able to pay the fees.

I thought I was because in the log in page (where I can complete the DS-261) the IV fee has a "PAY NOW" button but once I hit it .. it brings me to the same "NOT INVOICED" option.

Well, at least it is moving :)

In the confirmation page (for the DS-261) it is said that I should be able to pay the fees in 3/5 business days.

Let's see!

After 3 to 5 days call nvc for review your ds261..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nepal
Timeline

My PD is April 1. I have not received the welcome letter nor able to access DS-261. I called them on Thursday and they mentioned they would start looking at my document on June 4th and expect communication within 6 weeks. I asked them when will I receive the welcome letter and they repeated 6 weeks once they look at my documents.

Can someone tell me why other people are already receiving welcome letters and able to submit DS-261, but I have to wait 6 more weeks from June 4th to even get the welcome letter? I am very agitated at this moment. I would appreciate if anyone could help me at this time.

USCIS
09/07/2019 : i-130 mailed ✉️

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My PD is May 30th. Didn't got my WC Letter yet, but able to get it DS-261. I called NVC on Last friday and asked them if I can submit DS-261. They strictly said NO and told to wait until I get the WC letter. :(

Timeline

Wha they really mean by ..f2a will move slow

Family-Based, Second Preference "A" (FB2A)

The sole family-based prediction offered was for the FB2A category, which is for spouses and (unmarried, minor) children of lawful permanent residents. Mr. Oppenheim noted that the FB2A worldwide cutoff date "is expected to continue to advance slowly. It has been advancing a little faster, to maximize number use during the first three quarters of the fiscal year. There may be a slight slow-down as we move into the final quarter."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.