canuckmoran

June Interviews for Canucks - 2015

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

File in Montreal?

Unless you are physically mailing your documents, there is no reason for there to be delays. NVC accepts scanned documents in email for all visa categories for Montreal appointments. It's other embassies that could have mailing delays.

But if NVC is physically sending documents from US to Canada, expect 2 weeks delay.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok. Thanks guys. Just puts me in a pickle for booking flights. Should I book my flights to MTL anyway? And after 2 weeks, do I still need to register my appointment time and DHL courier services etc?

It doesn't take 2 weeks for NVC to ship your stuff to Montreal..... they're using DHL courier and current shipments get from New Hampshire to Montreal in 2-3 days....

If you're like me and call NVC often, they can usually tell you when it's left NVC. From there you can follow the shipment on the DHL courier's website, right up to when it's signed for.....

((yes I'm one of those who like to keep an eye on all of the stuff that happens :P :P LOL))

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Timeline

Ok. Thanks guys. Just puts me in a pickle for booking flights. Should I book my flights to MTL anyway? And after 2 weeks, do I still need to register my appointment time and DHL courier services etc?

I am telling you from experience. Never book a flight before you have exact date of appointment, or visa on hand.

It doesn't take 2 weeks for NVC to ship your stuff to Montreal..... they're using DHL courier and current shipments get from New Hampshire to Montreal in 2-3 days....

If you're like me and call NVC often, they can usually tell you when it's left NVC. From there you can follow the shipment on the DHL courier's website, right up to when it's signed for.....

((yes I'm one of those who like to keep an eye on all of the stuff that happens :P :P LOL))

DHL is the best. Even faster than FedEx.

Timeline

Hi guys, thanks for responding so quickly. It's been really helpful. The issue is I did receive a letter confirming my interview time for June but the website is not letting me "register" my time or for courier services. Seeing as June 16 is about 4 weeks away I don't really have the luxury of waiting 2 weeks to wait till Montreal has my paperwork etc since I need to book off work and book a flight to Montreal for the interview. I emailed NVC about this so hopefully I get a reply soon. Thanks for your help all! Don't want to hijack this post so I will repost it as a topic.

Oh well if you have the email confirming your date, your good to go.... make whatever arrangements you need to get yourself to Montreal ;) It is a flurry of activity leading up to the big day!

Congrats!!

Where is it you're coming from?

Spoiler

Removal of Conditions

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

My understanding of what I've read so far.....

NVC sends you an email - that is your official notice..... (p4?)

You register with Loomis (that's what it used to be called, or others have called it..?) as they are the Courier that returns your passport from the Consulate back to you....

On the NVC side, now that an interview is scheduled they'll ship your stuff off to Montreal.... others have said it takes about a week from when they got the P4 email until the CEAC site shows ready..... so keep checking....

Check in on Dwheels interview thread and Saylin;s guides..... they have a TONNE of information!!

Since I am getting close to this, I'm also reading others' posts and such to prep for this!!

Best wishes!!!

Spoiler

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Hey everyone.

I had my medicals done today with Dr. Lyndon M in Toronto and it was short and sweet. It took me a total of 45mins for everything; chest xray (basement), blood test (across the street), and quick in-office chat. They will be ready for pick-up in a few days.

USCIS
July 15/2014 - I-130 Fedex to Chicago Lockbox
July 20/2014 - Received email confirming docs sent to CSC
July 23/2014 - Received NOA1 via snail mail
Aug 25/2014 - USCIS approved Petition
Sept 2/2014 - Rec'vd copy of NOA2 - file sent to NVC
NVC
Oct 09/2014 - Rec'vd welcome letter from NVC with Case number.
Oct 10/2014 - Filled in DS-261 form
Oct 18/2014 - Paid AOS fees
Dec 24/2014 - Paid IV Fee
Dec 31/2014 - Competed and scanned DS-260 form (not sent).
Feb 4/2015 - Emailed AOS and IV packages and now the waiting begins. (Scan Date)
Mar 4/2015 - Rec'vd 60 Day Letter
Apr 1/2015 - Rec'vd Checklist (did not include preparers page) Waiting for updated I-864 papers.
Apr 6/2015 - Resent I864 (AOS) Checklist via EP. Now waiting again!!!!
Apr 16/2015 - Rec'vd 60-day notice email - alot quicker than last time.
Apr 27/2015 - Rec'vd confirmation from NVC we have a CC.
Montreal
May 07/2015 - Rec'vd P4 email providing interview date and requirements
May 21st/2015 - Medicals w/ Dr. Lyndon
June 30/2015 - Interview Date
June 30/2015 - Approved
July 7th/2015 - Received Passport and Documents
July 17th/2015 - Cross POE
July 28th/2015 - Receive SSN
xxxxx/2015 - Receive GC

Awesome :) thanks for they update!!

I'm thinking of going to Dr. Lee as my family doc worked with him years ago.....

Spoiler

Removal of Conditions

File in Montreal?

Unless you are physically mailing your documents, there is no reason for there to be delays. NVC accepts scanned documents in email for all visa categories for Montreal appointments. It's other embassies that could have mailing delays.

But if NVC is physically sending documents from US to Canada, expect 2 weeks delay.

The NVC physically sends your file to the consulate. There used to be a big thread in the NVC forum about tracking your case from NVC to a consulate or embassy via DHL. It's official government business and usually only takes 2-3 days.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi guys, thanks for responding so quickly. It's been really helpful. The issue is I did receive a letter confirming my interview time for June but the website is not letting me "register" my time or for courier services. Seeing as June 16 is about 4 weeks away I don't really have the luxury of waiting 2 weeks to wait till Montreal has my paperwork etc since I need to book off work and book a flight to Montreal for the interview. I emailed NVC about this so hopefully I get a reply soon. Thanks for your help all! Don't want to hijack this post so I will repost it as a topic.

You're fine if you register the interview the day before the interview. This isn't an issue. Montreal knows you have an interview date and "registering" your interview is merely to make sure you get the passport and IV package back after the visa is issued. About 5 years ago you had to bring an express mail mailer, prepaid, etc to get your stuff back. Now they use DHL/Loomis. they won't let you into the consulate without the loomis sheet, but don't let not registering stop you from booking time off work and making a flight.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Hey everyone.

I had my medicals done today with Dr. Lyndon M in Toronto and it was short and sweet. It took me a total of 45mins for everything; chest xray (basement), blood test (across the street), and quick in-office chat. They will be ready for pick-up in a few days.

Keep us updated about how many days it actually takes to get you the results.

Since I work here in US on non-immigrant visa, I would have to take days off work for medical and the interview. Since I will be driving from Detroit. I can go with medical in either Toronto or Montreal. I would choose the doctor who promise to give me results back in least number of days.

Too bad, consulate won't accept medical performed within US.

From following what others have posted.... it generally takes about a week to get the results.... best I've seen is 3 business days later.....

For an extra $50 they can courier the results back to you.

That's the route I'm going since I do not want to have to go back to get the results (I hate driving the 401 as it is :P) and we will be taking the train from Windsor to Montreal for the interview....

Spoiler

Removal of Conditions

Dr Cheema in Surrey does it the fastest, the next day at 430. After that I think it's Medisys in Montreal with 3 days after medical. Then the doctors in the Toronto area with at least a week.

Timeline

I was able to register today! Hooray!!! We booked our flights last night. We're coming from Vancouver =)

Just booked my medical exam with Dr. Cheema for next week. Thanks for your help everyone! You guys are the best!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.