Sharon&josh

Four month from filing to interview.. can you help with my checklist?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys. So I have to say that this site has been super helpful. It is great to calm my nerves on nights when I feel like I am going mad from the process. We were so lucky to get the CSC and so we went from filing to interview in 4 months (lodged form on the 2 January and now my interview is on the 7th May).

I do have some questions, I guess to ease my highly strung mind that I have everything I need for the interview. Here is a list of what I have:

-A copy of our initial i-129F, and letters of intent to marry.

-Copies of all the communication that my fiance received during the process (noa1, noa2, etc.)

-I have his affidavit of support, pay stubs for a few months, a letter from his employer saying that he is a permanent member of staff and his wage, and tax returns from 2013 &2014.

-My letter (that came in email form) of my interview date.

-Email logs from different times in our relationship, and a screen cap of the number of emails sent.

-A copy of his visa from when he worked in Ireland (which is when we met)

-skype logs, two phone bills and FB logs.

-Letters, with envolopes, and cards

-photos, that are dated on the back and say where we were.

-an official copy of my birth cert

-my police cert

-new letter of intent.

So these are the things that I am worried about:

-We couldn't find his 2012 returns, should we be worried?

-Do I have to have the original tax return or will a copy be okay?

-The letters and cards mean a lot to me, can I give them a copy?

-We both had pre paid mobiles while he was in Ireland (it's a common thing here) should I be worried that it looks like we didnt call each other like the first year of our relationship because we don't have records??

-We lived together for a few months together while he was here, but I wasn't on the lease, all I have is like emails that say I'll be home soon.. is that enough?

-Does he have to prove domicile, even though he (USC) has been home since October, since he was overseas for two years, or is the fact that he has been in his new job in SD since then enough?

Thanks for the help, and good luck to everyone on there continued journey.

Congrats on the quick approvals. You can go to the IRS website and download a copy of the 2012 tax return transcript. It's free and won't need any of the documentation to prove the numbers because it is an official IRS document. Get as much proof as you can for his domicile; lease agreement, utility bills, etc. If you have receipts for the pre paid mobile phones have them with you, as well. Just relax and take a deep breath.

Timeline

I am so nervous about it. I don't even know why, I guess it is just that in the end it comes down to someones opinion of your relationship!

Good luck with your interview date too :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I am so nervous about it. I don't even know why, I guess it is just that in the end it comes down to someones opinion of your relationship!

Good luck with your interview date too :)

I know the feeling! Especially at night: my brain is going through all kinds of possible questions they might ask. And it feels like even though I have everything on the checklist ready I keep double checking it in case I missed something the other hundred times I've done it :P

Timeline

I know the feeling! Especially at night: my brain is going through all kinds of possible questions they might ask. And it feels like even though I have everything on the checklist ready I keep double checking it in case I missed something the other hundred times I've done it :P

The worst thing is that I am not the calm one. That is my future husband. So I am of course freaking out about everything. To make matters worse I have been off sick from work recently as I broke my ankle so all I can do is sit here and wonder if i have everything I need. Add to that the fact that I got my interview date the day after I sent in PK4 (I thought I would at least have a few days before the worry over the interview began) I think I am more highly strung. So really this post is just to make sure I have everything that I need

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.