10 posts in this topic

so does anyone know the estimated timeline in Baltimore for VWP aos marriage based aos its just i dont feel like we have any real evidence for the interview and i got a bio metric appointment like 3 weeks after sending my packet off wondering the estimate you think we will get an interview in how many months away i wana do joint accounts ect but we dont wana do that stuff untill i get my EAD but i feel like ima get that then the interview it gonna be right around the corner or before i even get the EAD at how fast things are going i dont wana get denied for lack of evidence i love my husband anyone help or know any tips ?

so does anyone know the estimated timeline in Baltimore for VWP aos marriage based aos its

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do. Scroll down and find Your Field Office

and i got a bio metric appointment like 3 weeks after sending my packet off

Very normal, even if the case takes a year to interview.

i wana do joint accounts ect but we dont wana do that stuff untill i get my EAD

Another mistake on your part

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thats so soon it says baltimore MD processing time from feb 18th or w.e july i sent mine off in beginning of march end of march thats so soon only evidence we have right now is me as emergancy contact at work and we have joint credit card

Thats so soon it says baltimore MD processing time from feb 18th or w.e july i sent mine off in beginning of march end of march thats so soon only evidence we have right now is me as emergancy contact at work and we have joint credit card

It says I-485 July 9, 2014.

That means that they are currently interviewing cases submitted last summer.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

ohh ok thanks nick u always come to clarify things for u gotta say u have been such a helpful person during my case it means alot im just so nervous honestly just cant bear the though of being away from my husband just want to get more evidence but i dont want to push my husband into opening a joint bank account before i start working as he pays for all the bills and everything right now so dont want it to go under $0

...i dont want to push my husband into opening a joint bank account before i start working as he pays for all the bills and everything right now so dont want it to go under $0

Having your name on the account does not mean you have to spend the money. Let him lock up the checkbooks and give him your debit card to hold if it makes you feel better. The reason USCIS wants to see joint money things is because people in it for fraudulent reasons would be reluctant to turn over their bank account or joint title to their car to someone they weren't committed to. Marriages that aren't "his money" and "her money" but OUR money, appear more genuine which is what you want to prove. It is one way to show as a couple you are in It together--for richer, for poorer, for better or worse. It's not the only way and I am sure you will have some things before interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

It says I-485 July 9, 2014.

That means that they are currently interviewing cases submitted last summer.

But those include I-485 from a K-1, correct? Typically, those take around a year, but from non-K visas they usually only take 3-5 months. I checked out the Immigration Timelines (up top, menu) and the latest data is from 2014, so maybe something has changed in the last few months to slow down that office, I honestly don't know, but if I were the OP I would expect an interview much sooner.

OP, don't wait for your EAD to open a joint account, do it now. I received my EAD right before my interview.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

But those include I-485 from a K-1, correct? Typically, those take around a year, but from non-K visas they usually only take 3-5 months. I checked out the Immigration Timelines (up top, menu) and the latest data is from 2014, so maybe something has changed in the last few months to slow down that office, I honestly don't know, but if I were the OP I would expect an interview much sooner.

OP, don't wait for your EAD to open a joint account, do it now. I received my EAD right before my interview.

No idea. I don't pay attention to timelines. I did not know all I-485 are not created equal. So you're saying someone adjusting from VWP gets priority processing for an interview over someone who did the K1 visa? Thanks for the info.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

No idea. I don't pay attention to timelines. I did not know all I-485 are not created equal. So you're saying someone adjusting from VWP gets priority processing for an interview over someone who did the K1 visa? Thanks for the info.

I don't know if it's priority processing, or just a different path. Most K-1's don't require an interview, anyway.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

yeaa im VWP kinda wish i had applied for a K-1 but like i said my overstay wasnt plan my husband asked me like a week before my VWP was up to stay because ive visited before it was so hard to leave litrally cried most of the air flight home

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.