Russ&Caro

Colombia - are you waiting for scheduling of interview in Bogota?

261 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats all, finally on our way. We also got our p4 letter this week and I was wondering if anyone has tried to register and select a DHL office for visa delivery? We are a little confused-we used the link but it brings us to non-immigrant visa info. Has anyone successfully completed this part?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband will call tomorrow-I will let you know if we figure it out:)

My wife is calling on Monday, too. Our problem is understanding what the DS-260 ID # is. It's calling for that # and I never saw any unique # associated with the DS-260 application. She tried entering the "Invoice ID" and it doesn't work.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

No luck today. My husband said he called about 4 times. Each time they said they were going to transfer the call to the appropriate department but then he was disconnected. Anyone else have any luck or figure it out?

Timeline

So it looks like we can't reg until maybe the get it cause I got all correct I do and it tells me appoiknetment not ready for my case number so I guess I have to wait till embassy get the case ?

Timeline

So it looks like we can't reg until maybe the get it cause I got all correct I do and it tells me appoiknetment not ready for my case number so I guess I have to wait till embassy get the case ?

We received the same feedback from the embassy. Wait until they receive the application.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Timeline

We got through the DHL gauntlet but discovered that there is a fingerprinting and digital photo requirement and sadly they have only two sites set up within Colombia to provide the service, one in Medellin and one in Bogota. This appointment has to be set up at least one day before the embassy interview. This is for CR-1/IR-1 visas as they are permanent resident visas requiring this before entry into the US. K-1's (non-immigrant) don't require it because these visas are temporary.

Luckily we could get an appointment on the Saturday before our Wednesday interview in Bogota and we had not yet booked a flight yet.

english

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/niv/information/asc

Timeline

Hi guys,

I don't know if the question on how to register your appointment and choose the DHL office was answered before, but I will just share how I did it in case anyone still has any doubts.

1.) Go on the following link: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-co/iv

(If it comes up on the non-immigrant visa window, just scroll down to the lower right-hand side of the page and you will see an option that says IV and NIV.... so go ahead and choose IV and it will take you to the right page).

2.) Create an account (or sign in if you have created one already). Choose the option that says: register an interview appointment (or something along this line)

3.) Initially I kept getting this message: "Case number not ready to schedule". So I followed their instructions and emailed them with my info and they got back to me in about 2-3 hours (they say 3-4 business days though) and said it was ready and I could try again.

Email:asa_contactus+co+ivcasenumber@visaops.net

Subject line: Case Number not ready to Schedule

Include full name, dob and case number

4) Once I got that sorted out, I was able to register my appointment and select the DHL office where I will pick up my passport and also select the date for the CAS appointment. (FYI: all dates from today to my interview date were available, so it should be pretty easy to find a convenient date for you guys).

Well, hope this helps.

Best,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.