khalid_ahq

Please advise - Visa Valid but Medical Expired at POE

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

Please guys help on my current situation, just arrived to US yesterday with DV visa package for me and my family, at the POE the officer told me your medical expired although your Immigrant Visa still valid, and he said that this is the empassy mistake, but he didn't activate our GC case and let us in to make a new medical test, and he gave us an appointment after arpund 60 days !!! The plan was to get the GC less than this, but he said do your medical test and call us and maybe we will give you earlier appointmemt !! Pleaee guys help on my case ! I did the medical today and expected to have the results after tomorrow ! I want to get my case on track ASAP, also I plan to go back to finish some stuff in my home country after 40 days for 3 months and then will back and stay in US.

I'm sorry to hear about this gigantic hassle :(

Can you explain, when you say he gave you an appointment after 60 days - was that at a particular USCIS office? And did he keep the immigrant packet (the big envelope) or did he give it back to you?

My instinct is to suggest either making an infopass appointment or just trying a walk-in at your closest front office.

And may I ask what he stamped in your passport - in other words, what status are you currently on? As far as I know if you leave the U.S. with a pending green card application in progress you are deemed to have abandoned it, I am not sure if this will apply to you - as it's not clear (to me anyway) what status you are on - whether you simply have to hand in your medicals to complete the process, or whether you will now technically be doing adjustment of status.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Hello Susie thanks for your reply, the stamp we got is blue with 60 days validity, and it is written on it Deferred Insp., they took our DV packages and then they took our finger prints and the officer at the end return to us closed envelopes not the same one we gave him, and the appointment is almost same day of our entrance permit, hey said don't be worry just get the medical so I don't knpw exactly what the next procedure, he said if you got your medical you will be fine, the problem is about time it is too much after 60 days !! Also my family with me and we have a baby we need the SSN to do alot of stuff here Bank account, driving license... He said it is not your mistake it is the empassy :(, hopfuly today will get the medical and I will call them the appoitment is in Miami, the officer was nice person put the appoitment date will get me down ! Also I don't know if there is connection but our visa expired 24 May and the appoitment after that by month.

Thanks again

I'm sorry to hear about this gigantic hassle :(

Can you explain, when you say he gave you an appointment after 60 days - was that at a particular USCIS office? And did he keep the immigrant packet (the big envelope) or did he give it back to you?

My instinct is to suggest either making an infopass appointment or just trying a walk-in at your closest front office.

And may I ask what he stamped in your passport - in other words, what status are you currently on? As far as I know if you leave the U.S. with a pending green card application in progress you are deemed to have abandoned it, I am not sure if this will apply to you - as it's not clear (to me anyway) what status you are on - whether you simply have to hand in your medicals to complete the process, or whether you will now technically be doing adjustment of status.

I got my medical ready and I called the US Homeland Security at the number on our files, and spoke with a very helpful lady she said if I got your file I'll tell you come direct and she took my number then after few minutes she called and said she fpund the office have our files and she gave me appoitment after 2 days, she said no need to worry, the files they gave us at the airport with a small sheet mention I-94.

I got my medical ready and I called the US Homeland Security at the number on our files, and spoke with a very helpful lady she said if I got your file I'll tell you come direct and she took my number then after few minutes she called and said she fpund the office have our files and she gave me appoitment after 2 days, she said no need to worry, the files they gave us at the airport with a small sheet mention I-94.

Excellent!! So it sounds like it will be resolved very soon - happy to hear that! Please let us know the outcome!

This is quite rare but clearly does happen so it may be useful for someone else at some future stage.

Hello Susie & Upkilo

I went this morning to the address of Custom and borders protection, General Aviation Building in Miami, their were alot of people, but our names were at a list and a kind lady took our files and medical and personal photos, after 30 min she came back with an officer and she ask about my mobile number and the address, and she came back again after 10 minutes, she took our finger prints and return our passports with the I-551 temporary green card )))))) she was very helpful and kind with us. so now we are officially residents ))

Hello Susie & Upkilo

I went this morning to the address of Custom and borders protection, General Aviation Building in Miami, their were alot of people, but our names were at a list and a kind lady took our files and medical and personal photos, after 30 min she came back with an officer and she ask about my mobile number and the address, and she came back again after 10 minutes, she took our finger prints and return our passports with the I-551 temporary green card )))))) she was very helpful and kind with us. so now we are officially residents ))

Congratulations :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Susie & Upkilo

Great news and thank you for letting us know!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.