m&n

wish i did DCF in egypt

23 posts in this topic

I honestly think that I will become more of a looney tune than I am now if I start comparing other people's cases. Everyone is different and even though their first names are both Mohammed, it depends on the entire name. I mean if they went by first names I'd be royally screwed since my husband is Usama. lol. Lucky for me he's not 6'4" with a long white beard!!!! :lol:

It's not just that names cause a hit, but the transliteration of the the names from arabic script to the english alphabet complicates the matter. (Mohammed, Muhammed, Muhammad etc) So common names can get many false hits to names that are the same and to names that are similar with various transliteration. Some names are very common (not just in the arab world) and the more false hits you get, the more sorting DOS has to do to verify there are no real matches. I know it doesn' help the process move, but maybe it helps to understand why it is taking long. (at least in those moments when we are feeling rational!)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I honestly think that I will become more of a looney tune than I am now if I start comparing other people's cases. Everyone is different and even though their first names are both Mohammed, it depends on the entire name. I mean if they went by first names I'd be royally screwed since my husband is Usama. lol. Lucky for me he's not 6'4" with a long white beard!!!! :lol:

I"m so glad to hear you say that because my fiance's name is Usama too... :thumbs: cherie do you think its better to file for DCF?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I"m so glad to hear you say that because my fiance's name is Usama too... :thumbs: cherie do you think its better to file for DCF?

You might want to double check that they are still doing DCF in Cairo. I know they stopped it in some countries.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

You might want to double check that they are still doing DCF in Cairo. I know they stopped it in some countries.

They are no longer doing DCF in Cairo. I thought they did away with it everywhere, but for sure I know you can't get it out of Cairo anymore!

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

DCF update:

CONSULAR OFFICES ABROAD RESUME ACCEPTING I-130 PETITIONS

The Department of State will generally consider a U.S. citizen who has been living outside the United States for at least six months as “residing overseas” for purposes of accepting Form I-130.

U.S. citizens traveling outside the United States temporarily, who actually live in the United States, must file their I-130 petitions with the appropriate service center in the United States, according to the instructions on the I-130 form, http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130.pdf.

So yes, it is back, for USCs genuinely resident abroad for at least 6 months. I was hopful for awhile, but I think CIS is going to make State stick to this, and there won't be the lattitude of short term residents being allowed to file overseas. Of course, subject to change! ;)

I hope Henia knows about this...

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
hi everybody

i think im lucky i and my wife stayed in egypt more than 6 months

but do u think it s really better to file from here?

and we inteded to work and live in ksa so we dont know what we should do?

Did you get married in Egypt?? If you do a DCF, I would think that you have to file in the country where you got married. At least that's how it works on the K-3 . . . the papers are sent to the consulate in the country where you got married and that is where the interview is conducted.

I'd check with the consulate in Cairo whether you can even do a DCF there.

Edited by cbd2cai

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi everybody

i think im lucky i and my wife stayed in egypt more than 6 months

but do u think it s really better to file from here?

and we inteded to work and live in ksa so we dont know what we should do?

Did you get married in Egypt?? If you do a DCF, I would think that you have to file in the country where you got married. At least that's how it works on the K-3 . . . the papers are sent to the consulate in the country where you got married and that is where the interview is conducted.

I'd check with the consulate in Cairo whether you can even do a DCF there.

Eligibility to file I-130 with the Consulate (instead of a US Service Center) is based on length of time living in the foreign country. Where the marriage took place doesn't matter.

Directly filed cases are completed much more quickly than stateside filed ones.

I agree about asking at the Consulate--they're the only ones whose answer matters. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.