Jump to content

Withdrawal of application for admission

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I was procesed for withdrawal of application for admission at the port of entry in El Paso, TX. The basis for action checked in the form were the following 2: (1)application for admission withdrawn and (2) visa/BCC canceled. I was found with residues of marijuana in my vehicle while crossing the border. First a K-9 alerted to my vehicle and they started to ask me if I had any legal substances in my vehicle, which I said no because I didn't know that there were residuals in the floor, and I was escorted to a secondary inspection. The Pat down was conducted with negative results, but during the inspection officers discovered some residues that finally were positive for marijuana. They let me go back to Mexico, but canceled my visa and gave me the form I-275 "withdrawal of application for admission". They told me I could go and apply for a new visa anytime. My question is, Am I an inadmissible person to the US? I'm confused since I know that I was not deported. Also, Do I have to fill a waiver (form I-192), or could I just go to the US consulate and apply for a new F-3 student visa hoping they accept my application. I'm only 7 classes away for graduating from Industrial Engineering and I'm not a weed smoker, I have smoked in the past, but I guessed a friend of my dropped some residuals in my car without me noticing.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can certainly apply for a visa at any time, however with that presumably recent event on your record your chances are low to say the least.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.