luukee

interview scheduled - couple of questions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hey guys,

My spouse finally got her interview scheduled, but we still have a few questions

for the medical exam, do you schedule that? or do we call? the letter we received didn't say anything except :

"· Bring this interview letter to the medical exam. Bring this letter to the medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination."

it doesn't exactly mention anywhere on the letter where to go ...

but these were the links that I had previously saved

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/medical-examination/vaccination.html

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/MEDICAL-EXAMINATION-VACCINATION.pdf

in normal cases, do they usually provide this info?

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just need vaccines first (no appointments)..On medical exam you need make appointment ..It hard to call ..My fiancee just stopping by get a appointments...Don't forget bring the appointment letter ,pk 3 as well

Call the hospital to schedule her appointment. I did at Cho Ray and it was pretty fast (half day for medical exam and the vaccination).

Edited by My&Truong
My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

Thanks so much for the info guys, but how early in advance did you guys have to call to schedule? for example, are they booked up ?

Also, thanks for the link FrontGear, I noticed it says K1, does it apply to CR1 as well?

Also - this part is confusing -

Step 2: Please follow the below procedure: 1. Visit www.ustraveldocs.com, follow step-by-step instructions to create an account, and print a personalized bank deposit slip. 2. Take the deposit slip to any HSBC bank or Vietnam Post location to pay the visa application fee. 3. Schedule an appointment for the visa interview online at www.ustraveldocs.com or by phone through the Call Center at 19006444 if you are in Vietnam or +17036657350 if you are outside Vietnam. This service is free of charge. 4. If the application is approved, the passport and visa will be delivered at no additional cost.

I thought that we already paid for VISA, except for the last one which is the POE ? Actually looks like the instructions are slightly different for CR1

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/immigrant-visas.html

looks like they've increased the examination fees

Effective January 1, 2015, the medical examination fees for the U.S. Consulate Ho Chi Minh City’s designated panel physicians, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, and Cho Ray Hospital (CRH) in Ho Chi Minh City, will increase from US$140 to US$155 for each applicant aged 15 or older

looks like they got some steps for CR1 here

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/required/documents.html#a

looks like this is the correct instructions for CR1

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/IV-APPOINTMENT-PACKAGE.pdf

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/IV-INSTRUCTION.pdf

Edited by luukee

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We called IOM and they asked for our interview date which might factor in to when you can schedule? I think we were scheduled about a week out from when we called ( appt. the 21st of April ). Went and got everything done in one day and they said we could leave our results there at the clinic until we return for our interview ( Not living in HCMC ). Only weird thing at IOM was that they seem to call an audible on the photo size. The instructions specify US passport dimensions 2" x 2", which everyone there brought, but then they made everyone cut theirs down with a little plastic template chip. Print out a couple of your interview invitation letters as IOM kept ours but said we needed to provide another copy to the vaccine place.

We called IOM and they asked for our interview date which might factor in to when you can schedule? I think we were scheduled about a week out from when we called ( appt. the 21st of April ). Went and got everything done in one day and they said we could leave our results there at the clinic until we return for our interview ( Not living in HCMC ). Only weird thing at IOM was that they seem to call an audible on the photo size. The instructions specify US passport dimensions 2" x 2", which everyone there brought, but then they made everyone cut theirs down with a little plastic template chip. Print out a couple of your interview invitation letters as IOM kept ours but said we needed to provide another copy to the vaccine place.

Awesome obrakeo! thanks for the great tips. by the way, have you heard how long it would take from approval to get the VISA for a CR1 ? I saw someone who had a K1 and they got it around 9 days....

@luukee: I attached the link to show you where to go and whom to call. Sorry for the confusion.

no Frontgear, I have to thank you, since your link not only gave info about the medical but also lead to more info that I think I needed, I thought I already had been prepared, but turns out, i'm still missing a few things and need to organize my stuff a bit better.

Timeline

I can't remember where I read it, but I believe it's 1-2 weeks to receive the visa. Although I think I've read in the forums that some folks have gotten theirs in a few days. Looking at the trends of CC to interview date, I'm gonna assume 7 days minimum.

I can't remember where I read it, but I believe it's 1-2 weeks to receive the visa. Although I think I've read in the forums that some folks have gotten theirs in a few days. Looking at the trends of CC to interview date, I'm gonna assume 7 days minimum.

cool obrakeo, I'm just trying to plan my vacation time, how is it over there right now?

Timeline

The weather is definitely heating up. I'm on the coast in Nha Trang so likely not as muggy as in Saigon. Reunification day is blowing this city up though, major traffic jams. Flying down to Saigon next Thursday in preparation for interview on Monday morning. Will def report back with as many details as possible.

The weather is definitely heating up. I'm on the coast in Nha Trang so likely not as muggy as in Saigon. Reunification day is blowing this city up though, major traffic jams. Flying down to Saigon next Thursday in preparation for interview on Monday morning. Will def report back with as many details as possible.

wow, it's considered a holiday over there right? i'm going to be heading there in the summer...not looking forward to the weather, but everything else will be great :)

have a great trip!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.