Jump to content

How do I convert my UK (British) qualifications over to the American equivalent? Anybody know any decent companies?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys

Okay, so here's the situation: I'm currently waiting for my AOS to go through and receive my EAD, etc.

I've already enrolled preliminarily on a real estate course (I used to do this in Britain). I didn't go to university because I was lucky enough to land my job when I was 17 and still in college.

I have my GCSEs, an NVQ 2 and an NVQ3. All the other qualifications are field-specific and can't be converted over here because I have to study for real estate all over again. I know they're hardly amazing qualifications to convert but they'll be enough for me to complete my course. Could someone maybe share with me any companies and experiences they've had when they've done this themselves?

Any help would be really appreciated.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not property related but from memory when I did a couple of state qualifications all they wanted was High School Graduation and I just ticked yes.

If a certain body needs something more specific then usually they will say who they use.

Wes is one of the big ones.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I sat O and A levels exams back home and I got credits for them when I enrolled in university in the US. Many schools will give you college credits for your GCSEs but it is not universal. As for companies over here, they generally don't care about them. I've never been asked about them though I've made it clear to some of my employers that I did sit and pass A-level courses.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.