huesitos26

RFE. Letter sample. Approved!

3 posts in this topic

I got a RFE letter on January 8th giving me until April 2nd to send the new paper work.Here is the list they asked for:

-Legible copies of our drivers licenses

-Kids birth certificate

-Copies of mortgage agreements, deeds or other instruments affecting the tittle to real estate that demonstrate join owner of assets or property.

-Copies of insurance policies

-Copies of credit card statements

-Copies of loan documents such as car loan, home improvements loans.

-Copies of rental leases/ agreements showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by you, the petitioning spouse and the owner of the property.

-Copies of utility bills issued in both names indicating the residential address.

Here is what we sent:

-Date

USCIS

ATTN: I-751

USCIS California Service Center
P.O. Box 10751
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

Re: Request for Evidence. I-797E, Notice of Action.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I, My husband'd name, a United States Citizen, am submitting the response of Request of Evidence for my spouse, My name, a citizen of Country, and a resident of the United States. Attached you will find the response you requested in I-797E, Notice of Action.

Some of the documents requested are not included in the package, an honest explanation is attached.

Enclosed, please find:

1) I-797E, Notice of Action.

2) A copy of our state drivers licenses. ( I had an expired one and sent the new and expired)

3) A copy of our most recent bank statement documenting our joint checking account.(I got them printed from the bank, first time I printed myself and they didn't take it ) We sent the bank printed and the ones we sent the first time.

4) Statements from our joint account from December 2011 – Present.(I got them printed from the bank, first time I printed myself and they didn't take it ) We sent the bank printed and the ones we sent the first time.

5) Copies of our two of our business checking accounts showing my wife as an additional signer of the accounts.

6) A copy of our home insurance policy showing my wife as an additional insured.

7) Copies of our Company name call logs showing the past 90 days (the maximum provided by company name) of almost daily conversations.

8) A compilation of pictures from November 2011 to March 2015. ( We sent 1 picture per month. We sent 37 pages with pictures. Each picture had the date, location, name of the event and name of people who was on it.)

9) Explanation of missing documents requested on I-797E.( We explained with detail, documents by document requested why we don't have it or why it wasn't showing both of our names)

Sincerely,

My Husband's name

Our address

My husbands Phone #

My husband's email.

Here is the explanation we attached:

Date

USCIS

ATTN: I-751

USCIS California Service Center
P.O. Box 10751
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

Re: Request for Evidence. I-797E, Notice of Action.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I, My husband's name, am submitting a compilation of the documents requested on I-797E, Notice of Action, however there are some documents requested that my wife and I simply don’t have. I would like to express that my wife and I have a lovely and true marriage, where love and respect are part of our daily lives. We love each other and both of us entered our marriage with good faith. If you believe the evidence we are presenting is not enough to show that our marriage is legitimate, we invite you to come to our home at any time to see how we live our everyday lives together. I also would like to explain that we don’t have any kids because we are a young couple enjoying our time together. My wife is # years old and we are not in a hurry to add more members to our small family. We do have our dog name who we consider to be family and she is more than enough for the time being.

Listed below is a brief explanation of why we do not have the following documents:

1) Copies of instruments affecting the real estate that demonstrate joint ownership of assets or property: We bought our house DATE When we applied to get our loan, my wife had yet to establish any credit history in the USA. Because of credit being a major qualifying factor to obtain a home mortgage, we decided to just get the loan in my name. This was also the advice of our BANK NAME Mortgage Representative, NAME. We talked as a couple and now that she has lived in the USA for a few years she has had the chance to begin establishing credit. So far she has exemplary credit history and in the future she will be added as a co-signer on all future real estate deals.

2) Copies of Insurance Policy: I have included a copy of our homeowner’s insurance policy showing my wife as an additional insured. Unfortunately neither my wife nor I have medical insurance at this time. I am ## years old and I have not had an insurance policy for myself since I was ## years old and listed on my mother’s policy. When we got married we decided as a couple not get insurance because of many factors including the expense. I own my own business and have always paid cash for any medical visits that either of us needed. We understand that the laws are changing and we are now required by the government to obtain insurance. We are currently looking into getting a policy and will obtain coverage this year.

3) Copies of Loan Documents: Besides my home loan that is explained above, I own a used car that was purchased in 20## outright, years before I met my wife. Because I purchased it outright, no loan was required. In March 20## I purchased my wife a 20## CAR BRAND for her ## birthday. The car was a surprise (with pictures attached to document) and as a result a loan was obtained in my name. Until that time we had been sharing one car so I wanted to surprise my wife with a gift that we definitely needed. As it is impossible to have someone co-sign a loan document for a car when you are trying to give them the car as a surprise present, it is easy to understand why that loan is only in my name. It was a # year loan and we have about # years left of payments at this time. Fortunately the home loan and this car loan are the only two loans that we are currently responsible for.

4)Copies of rental leases/ agreements showing Joint tenancy:

See #1. We have a home together but the loan is just under my name. It is not a rental property where a lease would be required.

5)Copies of utility bills: Because our home loan is in my name, most of the utility bills are in my name too which is required by law. For Christmas 20## I bought my wife a new cell phone and had her join my Cellphone company before this she used a prepaid cell phone so there was no monthly bill. Although her new cell phone is also under my name (because it is my plan), we are including copies of my cellphone company bill which shows two unique phone numbers. We are also including call logs that show almost daily conversations between us since December 20##.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely

My Husband's name

Our address

My husbands Phone #

My husband's email.

We sent the package on April 1st. On April 17th I got an email telling me they received my case on April 16th and my card was ordered for production! :dancing:. On April 22nd they sent me an email telling me they mailed my card and I also received a letter between this time frame telling me I was approved.Today April 25th I received my card!

Hope this helps others, when we got the RFE I was so nervous and stress.Now I am ready to go change my single name to married name, I applied with my married name so I could get my change name in the new card!.

:dancing: Thank you and we are so excited!

Woohoo! Congrats!!! :)

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats ! That is really useful thank you for posting this.

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.