windo

I-485 and I-131 travel Document

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have a question for anyone that can help me. I am filing my wife's I-485 and I know that if I file the I-131 with it I do not have to pay the fee for the I-131, but my question is how do I fill out the I-131? There is a section that is asking for the dates of travel, but we do not have any dates, I just want to have this in-case there is a family emergency and she needs to return to her country of birth. She came over on a K1 visa, shou;d we select the option for conditional resident and asking for a reentry permit or chose the advance parole document to allow her to return after a temporary foreign travel. If I choose the later do we need to specify the intended dates of travel? Sorry I am so confused with this one form. Thanks for your help.

Brian and Leovi

June 8th 2014 - I-129F received and accepted by USCIS

August 8th, 2014 - USCIS approves I-129F

August 13th, 2014 - Receive I-797, USCIS approval Letter

August 15th, 2014 - USCIS mails packet to NVC

August 28th, 2014 - NVC approves and mails to Consulate

September 4th, 2014 - Receive letter from Consulate

September 19th, 2014 - Pay interview fee

September 21st, 2014 - Schedule interview for October 17th, 2014

October 17th,2014 - Visa Approved

November - Received visa and sealed documents (Sorry cannot remember dates)

November 23, 2014 - Arrived in the United States

December - Married

April - Filing AOS

This gets asked a lot on VJ, so try doing an advanced search for it and one of the other threads should come up.

You can put unknown for dates and purpose as whatever you want. We put "potential work/visit family"

I'd file it now. Once you need it, it's too late to file and get back to you quickly.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you that helped.

June 8th 2014 - I-129F received and accepted by USCIS

August 8th, 2014 - USCIS approves I-129F

August 13th, 2014 - Receive I-797, USCIS approval Letter

August 15th, 2014 - USCIS mails packet to NVC

August 28th, 2014 - NVC approves and mails to Consulate

September 4th, 2014 - Receive letter from Consulate

September 19th, 2014 - Pay interview fee

September 21st, 2014 - Schedule interview for October 17th, 2014

October 17th,2014 - Visa Approved

November - Received visa and sealed documents (Sorry cannot remember dates)

November 23, 2014 - Arrived in the United States

December - Married

April - Filing AOS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FAQ.... please check out the Example Forms, easily located at the top of the forum page for more information. In particular the Form I-131: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

May as well also fill out the I-765 EAD application also, and get the combo cart. Also no fee if filed at the same time as the AOS.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.