Jump to content

Anything else I could do to get an answer from TSC after 11 months wait?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


it looks like my I-485 (EB), filed back at end of May 2014 and assigned to TSC, got lost in the woods. After the first update (beginning of June) acknowledging the fingerprint fee received and the appointment notice for biometrics (end of June, done), no more news. When my I-485 went past the processing time one can infer from the data published by USCIS for TSC

- I started calling in the NCSC: initial answer like "yeah TSC is backlogged, give it a couple more weeks"

- then I entered a Service Request, beginning of March, never got an answer (called again NCSC, looks like TSC is also backlogged with Service Requests)

- so after a while I called NCSC asking to be transferred to an Immigration officer (two times): there again, "give it a couple more weeks" and "I'll create a Service Request for you" (that, I understand, just got queued to the previous one)

- I called again NCSC this afternoon and I have been told Immigration was no longer accepting forward calls for the day (it seemed to me it was the same time of the day I called the last two times, but I might be wrong) but that I could try emailing the TSC at the address on the USCIS website. I did it but you'd understand when I say I'm not exactly waiting for an answer (if any) different from "give it some more time".

Now I'm running out of ideas - what else could I do to get an answer, and one different from "just wait"? Would an InfoPass offer more chances for an useful answer?

Thanks for any advice, Erminio

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you been in touch with a congressman or senator? That would be one avenue to explore if you haven't. I'm unsure how much affect they have and it seems that some are willing to do more than others and that some have more connections than others. But it's another thing to try.

From what I've read from infopass appointments on K1 backlogs, people seem to get good information from them. More than they are willing to give on the phone. I would give that a shot, too. It can't hurt.

You can also submit a request to the USCIS ombudsman. The ombudsman is an independent party tasked with trying to resolve problems with USCIS. http://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

At this point, if I were you, I'd do all of these things because why not.

Edited by April+Daniel

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.