JJ3

US Embassy MANILA - Income falls short question and other questions

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I am currently filling up form I-134 the Affidavit of support as Petitioner for K1 visa. I only had the annual income of 12,990 for the year 2014 because I just started working month of August 2014 for part time (2x week) then became regular on (feb 2015). I just started working because I just had my RN license month of April 2014 and was a student before. I am now earning 4000 plus a month since Feb 2015 better than my earnings of 2000 plus a month. I just wanted to ask:

>if it would be a problem for my fiance during the interview process in manila?

>I do have my mom as a joint co-sponsor just in case. And also any guides to having my mom fill up for I-134 as a co sponsor? how would she answer to question 10 (relationship)?

> also for answering deposit on savings on the form I-134 under number 7 - can it be the current savings you have at the moment you sign the fomr or should it be congruent to the amount I have when I fiance does the interview? (because sometime soon I might use some of my savings money but might have amount of atleast 3000)

I apologize if my questions would seem unintelligible. I would appreciate all the answers and help! :) More power to everyone!

"If you know you have to wait anyway, why not make a decision to enjoy your life while you're waiting? why not be happy while GOD is in the process of changing things? after all, there's nothing we can really do to make it happen any faster. we might as well relax and enjoy our lives, knowing that at the appointed time, God is going to bring his plan to pass" (L) ^_^

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

List your current income on the I-134. Provide a letter from employer and recent pay stubs to prove your current income along with most recent tax transcript. Just use recent bank statements if you are wanting to show assets, though they are not needed if you meet the income requirement.

Your mom would state None for #10, as she did not file a petition on behalf of your fiance(e). You did.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

List your current income on the I-134. Provide a letter from employer and recent pay stubs to prove your current income along with most recent tax transcript. Just use recent bank statements if you are wanting to show assets, though they are not needed if you meet the income requirement.

Your mom would state None for #10, as she did not file a petition on behalf of your fiance(e). You did.

Thank you so much for your reply! I do have an employment letter stating how many hours a week I work, my hourly pay and when I was employed. I have also printed out my monthly bank statements from year 2014 upto recent, pay stubs and w2. Hopefully this is good for proof of income! :)

would my mom have to fill in question number 8? Write my fiance's name then as wholly dependent or partial? and what would be his relationship to her? OR she doesnt have to fill up anything on questions 8-11? Thank you KayDeecee!

Edited by JJ3

"If you know you have to wait anyway, why not make a decision to enjoy your life while you're waiting? why not be happy while GOD is in the process of changing things? after all, there's nothing we can really do to make it happen any faster. we might as well relax and enjoy our lives, knowing that at the appointed time, God is going to bring his plan to pass" (L) ^_^

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sounds like good proof. You are welcome and good luck. :)

As to the other questions> She would not list them as a dependent in #8, and neither would you. They are not your dependent. That is for a spouse, child or someone else you claim as a dependent on your taxes. If she never filed an affidavit for anyone else before, then None for #9 too. Same goes for you. You both fill out #11. See the example form for the answer > http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hello everyone! I am currently filling up form I-134 the Affidavit of support as Petitioner for K1 visa. I only had the annual income of 12,990 for the year 2014 because I just started working month of August 2014 for part time (2x week) then became regular on (feb 2015). I just started working because I just had my RN license month of April 2014 and was a student before. I am now earning 4000 plus a month since Feb 2015 better than my earnings of 2000 plus a month. I just wanted to ask:

>if it would be a problem for my fiance during the interview process in manila?

>I do have my mom as a joint co-sponsor just in case. And also any guides to having my mom fill up for I-134 as a co sponsor? how would she answer to question 10 (relationship)?

> also for answering deposit on savings on the form I-134 under number 7 - can it be the current savings you have at the moment you sign the fomr or should it be congruent to the amount I have when I fiance does the interview? (because sometime soon I might use some of my savings money but might have amount of atleast 3000)

I apologize if my questions would seem unintelligible. I would appreciate all the answers and help! :) More power to everyone!

You will put your CURRENT income on line 7 of the I-134, NOT what is listed in your 2014 tax return. If you are earning 4K a month, then you should be writing $48K on your I-134. This is more than enough for a household size of 2, so no need for a co-sponsor. Make sure you include proof of your current income with the I-134, such as employer letter and pay stubs.

> No problem at all for your fiance during the interview process

> No need for a co-sponsor

> No need to answer any questions about savings as your current income is enough

Thank you so much for your reply! I do have an employment letter stating how many hours a week I work, my hourly pay and when I was employed. I have also printed out my monthly bank statements from year 2014 upto recent, pay stubs and w2. Hopefully this is good for proof of income! :)

would my mom have to fill in question number 8? Write my fiance's name then as wholly dependent or partial? and what would be his relationship to her? OR she doesnt have to fill up anything on questions 8-11? Thank you KayDeecee!

Don't bother with the bank statements, they are not needed.

Just include your 2014 tax return, employment letter and recent pay stubs. That's all you really need and that's all we ever needed at my wife's interview.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.