fbragasilva88

Letter re establishing domicile

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does anyone have used a letter from a parent that says that once you and your relative immigrates to US you both will be living at his house?

I've done this letter bellow, but still missing step 5 because I can't come up with anything and I don't really know how to start!

Rebecca xxxxxxx
U.S social security number xxx-xx-xxxx
FORM I-864
Part 4, Question 5: Country of Domicile

As indicated in the step-by-step instructions for Form I-864 Part 4 Item 15 Country of Domicile, “if your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, you must attach a written explanation and documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement”.

I, Rebecca xxxxxxxxx, am currently residing in Brazil with my spouse, Felyppe xxxxxx. It is my full intent to move permanently to the United States upon approval of my relative’s immigrant visa. Below you will find a list of attached documents to show the concrete steps I have taken to establish that I am and will be domiciled in the United States are:

Steps I have taken to maintain US Domicile:

1) Maintained an active U.S. Social Security number.

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my Social Security card

2) I am registered to vote in the state of Nevada.

b) Evidence supplied: Copy voter registration

3) Maintained a valid Nevada driver license and state ID.

c) Evidence supplied: Copy of my Driver License

4) I hold a checking account with U.S Bank.
d) Evidence supplied: Copy of my statement

5) I have arranged for temporary accommodations with xxxxxxx, my mother, in the state of Nevada.
e) Evidence supplied: Copy of my mother’s letter stating that my husband and I will be staying with her in the US (at the same address listed on my drivers license, voter registration, and bank account)

I declare that I intend in good faith to re-establish my domicile in the United States no later than the date of spouse's admission into the US.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the statements in this letter and all accompanying evidence are true and correct.

I would appreciate with someone could, please, come up with something for item 5.

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Delete number 1 as you don't get to maintain SSN - it's yours for life.

As a US Citizen, you're required to file taxes no matter where you live - have you done so? Include taxes and you can show your mother's address on them.

Have stuff to ship from Brazil to the US? Get quotes from moving companies and include that.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok, noted about the SSN, ty!

Well I never filed taxes because I never had to, never had the income to do so and never worked before! Although I am as a dependent on my mother's taxes.

I have lived in Brazil for less than a year now, but I will check the moving part out, thank you for the insight :)

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.