XStrangerX2007

islamabad consulate questions.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone who has recent experience with Islamabad consulate.. I'm waiting for my sisters IR1/CR1 case, everything has been submitted to nvc.

How were you contacted about interview date...mail/email/phone?

I was wondering how much the cost of medical is?

Also the $165 visa fee, did you pay it on interview date or when?

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to US Embassy & Consulate Discussion. Topic pertains to this phase of the process.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone who has recent experience with Islamabad consulate.. I'm waiting for my sisters IR1/CR1 case, everything has been submitted to nvc.

How were you contacted about interview date...mail/email/phone?

I was wondering how much the cost of medical is?

Also the $165 visa fee, did you pay it on interview date or when?

If you received Case complete email, try calling NVC for interview date, they usually start scheduling interviews from last few days of the month till 7th ,8th of next month.

Medical in Islamabad costs 12,000 PKR

You will pay $165 fee after you receive your visa packet, Visa packet contains your A-Number which is required to pay that fee

Edited by umar.sd

Timeline

Is it necessary to call NVC for interview date after Case complete?

My case complete date is 15th April 2015 so , either its better to schedule my medical examination by end of April ?

Timeline

Is it necessary to call NVC for interview date after Case complete?

My case complete date is 15th April 2015 so , either its better to schedule my medical examination by end of April ?

No but I think they do it faster if you call.

You can schedule medical after you have your interview letter, because the medical guys ask for IL

Timeline

Calling them is a waste of time. They will keep telling you that your case is complete and you will be notified when the interview is scheduled. I used to call them a lot. I got notified via email that the interview is scheduled.

Do not make arrangements for medical before the IL. As the person above me said, they ask for your IL when you go for medical.

F-2A Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-07

Priority Date: 2013-08-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-07

I-130 Approved : 2013-09-23

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2013-10-24

Pay AOS Bill : 2013-10-24

Send AOS Package : 2013-12-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-04-04

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-03-25

Interview Date : 2015-05-11

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Recieved: 2015-05-14

Timeline

My interview was 6 april 2015 at us embassey islamabad.CO said congratulation and u r approved and received your passport by feedex after 7 days.same day my ceac status shows AP and i m waiting from ten days but my staus same and statutus update date same my interview date and i donot know how much days more for issued my visa.if they wants more process then inform me on my interview day but CO said cong and u r approved

Timeline

Today after 11th day my status update date change but status same AP.i m waitnig from 2 week for passport because Co said u r approved and after one week we will send your passport by feedex but today is the last day of work and i will wait another one week

Timeline

Today after 11th day my status update date change but status same AP.i m waitnig from 2 week for passport because Co said u r approved and after one week we will send your passport by feedex but today is the last day of work and i will wait another one week

InshaAllah you'll get it soon. A guy who's interview was on 27th of this month, they rescheduled his interview to 11th May, so maybe because of workload or some other things they are delaying your visa. So keep the hope up.

Timeline

I received email on 15th April 2015 from NVC that my case is completed , I don't know what is the exact date of my CC .

I didnt recieve my interview letter till now , any one has any idea , what time period is required ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.