Jump to content

Chinese birth certificate

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was born in Shanghai, China and moved to Canada when i was 3 years old. Now, I've been in the US (Seattle, WA) for 8 years and trying to get my permanent residency through my work.

I do have a one page Chinese Birth Certificate I got in 1980 (my birth year). Its front page says Gong Zheng Chu. The immigrant lawyers says I need a 4 page booklet that includes the Chinese birth certificate, English translation of the birth certificate, proof of translation in Chinese and proof of translation in English. My immigrant lawyer says that I can't go and just get my original one page Chinese Birth Certificate translated and notarized, that the Application for Status change requires the full 4 page book.

My question is, is there any way to obtain this 4 page booklet from here, Seattle WA? I have 2 young kids and have no plans to travel all the way to China.

If there is no way I can get it from here. What do I need to send over to a friend or family member so that they can help me obtain this 4 page booklet?

There is no Chinese embassy in Seattle, WA I can call about this. I don't even know where to start. If someone can point me to any "official" website that lists the documents needed or even where in Shanghai China I can get this, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you for reading this and hopefully you can help me out!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, maybe this will help:

Try to call the Chinese consulate in USA, Google it and you can find the numbers and email address there; they should be able to help;

Also, I did get a translation for my birth certificate ( I'm from another country though) from https://www.uscts.com/, they were fast and do work with transaltions for immigration documents, they did a great job and weren't expensive.

Hope it helped! Good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree try the San Francisco consulate. Do you have any family in China that can assist you in your quest? As previously noted, it sounds like you will likely need the four-page Notary Certificate (AKA White Book).

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca


:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.