pinedo

Poverty Guideline

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im a lot of worried of we being denied because of this. my partner is earning $1400/month (take home) and has been on his job for about a year now. prior go his current job, he was employed for 2 years. all are from a hotel industry. I just want to know what if my fiance doesnt meet the required annual income? Can we do something about it? Please help me understand this. Thank you everyone!:)

Timeline

It depends what state he lives in. For the most part, 1400.00 per month would "meet" the poverty guidelines in most states in the USA. Hawaii and Alaska have higher thresh holds. And while you may meet the poverty guidelines with $1400.00 per month, it is important to know that living in the USA is not cheap, and you should look for employment as soon as you get your EAD card after you adjust status. :)

Timeline

I hope it meets the required amount. We will only get to know if we met the required amount during my interview right? His from San Diego, California. working asap is on my top list once I get the permission to work if ever i get approved.

Edited by pinedo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I hope it meets the required amount. We will only get to know if we met the required amount during my interview right? His from San Diego, California. working asap is on my top list once I get the permission to work if ever i get approved.

You need to look at the I-864P on the USCIS.gov website to see what he needs to make. Assuming a family size of 2--you and him--he needs to have an adjusted gross income of $19,912 or more on his lastest income tax return OR be able to show more than that amount using a letter from his employer and recent paystubs. If he falls short you will need to find a joint sponsor. The PI may or may not accept a joint sponsor for the K-1 visa. In the past it was not, but they seem to have relaxed that stance in recent years.

Dave

Timeline

You need to look at the I-864P on the USCIS.gov website to see what he needs to make. Assuming a family size of 2--you and him--he needs to have an adjusted gross income of $19,912 or more on his lastest income tax return OR be able to show more than that amount using a letter from his employer and recent paystubs. If he falls short you will need to find a joint sponsor. The PI may or may not accept a joint sponsor for the K-1 visa. In the past it was not, but they seem to have relaxed that stance in recent years.

Dave

Thank you Dave. I hope they will allow us to have a joint sponsor. We plan to include his mother as our sponsor.

Timeline

Thank you Dave. I hope they will allow us to have a joint sponsor. We plan to include his mother as our sponsor.

I do believe the Philippines Consulate does not normally allow joint sponsors, but I have read somewhere that exceptions had been made in the past. I'm not sure if I read it here. Good luck.

Timeline

That made me alot nervous. Another thing to think about. but ill keep the faith and will pray for it. God is good and He knows how it is hard for me to be away from my lovedone. Thank you for your answer.:) really helped me and gave me an idea.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.