Alex and Deb

Issue with scheduling an interview in Paris, French Embassy. Help ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey there,

I have a question and I really hope someone can help me because I am SO confused ! I got the package 3 on February 28, and as mentionned I collected all the documents needed for the interview, I completed the DS-160 form online and paid for the visa fee. Next step : schedule the interview. And here comes trouble.

I haven't received any letter from the Embassy in which they assigned a date for the interview. My question is, was I supposed to receive a letter like this ? Did i miss anything in the process ? Or can I shcedule the appointment myself ?

My fiancé and I called the embassy in Paris, the csc visa service..and they all said that we were supposed to have a date assigned by the embassy, but no one can tell us why we haven't..

So, if someone here is from France, or just know something that could help us, we would realllyyyy appreciate it !

Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So I actually just had this problem with the embassy in Dublin. Everything so far has gone great, and moved along at a great pace. So we got our NOA2 like 18th Feb, and so were waiting well over a month for our embassy 'package'. It turns out that we didn't get anything in the post and we didn't get told that we would get package 3 and 4 by email at the same time. So maybe check in your email.

We have a form that we have to send back to them that came in the email called the 'Form of readiness' which we had to send back when we had everything gathered and they would set our interview date from there.

I hope that helps

Timeline

Thank you for your answer, we really appreciate it.

I double checked my email and didnt get anything from the Embassy. I've read somewhere that I should send back the DS-2001 form - so I am guessing that it is the "Form of readiness" that you received.

I still think it's weird, because it was nowhere mentionned in the package that I had to send this form to the Embassy once I was ready for the interview..but I'm not really surprised at that point.

I have another question.. Did you have to send the DS-230 part I form (biographic data) along with your 'form of readiness' ? I just wanna make sure that I do the right thing and dont waste any more time..

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by Alex and Deb

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The only other thing that we had to include was the number of our DS-160 and a form that was a list of where I have lived since I was 16, and previous visas for the united states. But I am sure that yours could vary to mine. All I know was that I freaked out when I found out that we could have been a month longer than we would have to because of a weird mix up with the consulate.

Every thing else I have to take with me to the interview :)

And good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Best is to ask your questions in the french-american couples' topic: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/473587-frenchamerican-couples-part-iii-2014/page-35

I got my K-1 years ago, and rules have changed recently so you will get a better answer from people who got their interview/visa recently in Paris :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Best is to ask your questions in the french-american couples' topic: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/473587-frenchamerican-couples-part-iii-2014/page-35

I got my K-1 years ago, and rules have changed recently so you will get a better answer from people who got their interview/visa recently in Paris :)

Thanks for your answer, it helps a lot :)

Timeline

The only other thing that we had to include was the number of our DS-160 and a form that was a list of where I have lived since I was 16, and previous visas for the united states. But I am sure that yours could vary to mine. All I know was that I freaked out when I found out that we could have been a month longer than we would have to because of a weird mix up with the consulate.

Every thing else I have to take with me to the interview :)

And good luck.

Thanks for your help ! And congratulations :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.