Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Children question...

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

This seems like a silly question to ask....

I am getting ready to get things together for our I-751 application. On the form it has a section for children, we do not currently have any children of our own but my husband and I were joined as a family with his daughter when we were married, we also have custody of the child. Do I list my stepdaughter on here or is it just for children born to our marriage?

Also, should we include the latest court order that gives custody to us, showing her address as being the same as ours?

Edited by CdnBelle

Is ready for this journey to begin!


Service Center : Vermont Reminder letter for I-751 Received: 2015-04-09
Consulate : Vancouver, BC ROC packet sent to California Service Center: 2015-05-27
I-129F Sent : 2011-10-27 ROC packet received by USCIS: 2015-05-29
I-129F Received : 2010-11-01 1-751 NOA received: 2015-06-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-02-02 APPROVED!!!! I-751 Biometrics: 2015-08-25
NOA2 Hard Copy : 2012-02-07 I-751 Interview? or approval?
NOA2 Received 2012-02-15
Packet 3 : 2012-02-15 Received!!!
Packet 4 : 2012-03-17 Received!!!
Interview: 2012-04-19 - APPROVED!!!!
Visa On Hand :2012-04-21
POE: 2012-05-03 Toronto, ON, Canada

MARRIED <3 - 2012-06-07

I-485 &I-765: 2012-08-02

I-485- Interview: 2013-08-02 - APPROVED!!

Green Card in Hand: 2013-08-17

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people, like us, only put the immigrant's legal children. Some people include step-children. It doesn't really seem to make a difference, but if the immigrant has legal custody of the child, I'd be inclined to put it down and if you are both listed on the paperwork that is some good evidence for ROC to include with your packet.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...