keepbuilding

AOS Paid, IV not billed, should I submit I-864 or wait?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

Hello,

I am applying for my mom and my dad. I filed two separate I-130s. Both were approved. I received NVC case numbers, and assigned myself as the agent. I paid the NVC AOS fees for one case, because the website said the two cases are related, and one fee is enough. IV still does not show as "Billed" or "Invoiced" so I cannot pay that, and I could not fill the IV applications.

Should I file the two I-864ez packages now, or should I wait on the IV fees to be paid, then I can submit everything at once?

Also, can I file two I-864ez each for a parent, or should I file two I-864 instead?

I appreciate your help and guidance.

Best Regards

KP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well.. people send it before they pay IV fee, they send all documentation in ONE package, they seem to have no problem at all.

NVC website clearly state that you should not send anything before IV is paid and to send everything in one package only.

So it is pretty much up to you :)

Btw, I am at the same boat as you. I have been waiting for 43 days now to my IV fee to be invoiced, called 2 days ago and I was asked to wait 1 more week!

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know right! =p But here you can find it :)

http://travel.state...._documents.html

Step 6: Submit Documents to the NVC

After you collect your Affidavit of Support form(s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, you must submit all of the documents in ONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

Review the methods below, and choose the one that applies to your case.

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Hello,

I am applying for my mom and my dad. I filed two separate I-130s. Both were approved. I received NVC case numbers, and assigned myself as the agent. I paid the NVC AOS fees for one case, because the website said the two cases are related, and one fee is enough. IV still does not show as "Billed" or "Invoiced" so I cannot pay that, and I could not fill the IV applications.

Should I file the two I-864ez packages now, or should I wait on the IV fees to be paid, then I can submit everything at once?

Also, can I file two I-864ez each for a parent, or should I file two I-864 instead?

I appreciate your help and guidance.

Best Regards

KP.

We recently received case complete. We sent the AOS/IV package shortly after paying the AOS fee. We sent everything with the NVC welcome letter cover sheet and a copy of the AOS barcode sheet. I bound all documents listed on the cover sheet together by two hole punching the top and then used a metal clip that goes through the holes. We actually got our cc six days after we submitted our 260 because the NVC already had all of our documents.

Do not wait to send the AOS/IV package in. Send everything all at once. Separating the packages appears to increase processing time by 30+ days from what I have noticed on timelines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

We recently received case complete. We sent the AOS/IV package shortly after paying the AOS fee. We sent everything with the NVC welcome letter cover sheet and a copy of the AOS barcode sheet. I bound all documents listed on the cover sheet together by two hole punching the top and then used a metal clip that goes through the holes. We actually got our cc six days after we submitted our 260 because the NVC already had all of our documents.

Do not wait to send the AOS/IV package in. Send everything all at once. Separating the packages appears to increase processing time by 30+ days from what I have noticed on timelines.

I could not find the link to fill out form DS-260. I think it will not be available till I pay the IV fees. How did you fill it up and send it before you paid your IV fees?

Thank you Zebra2012. Where to find form DS-260? Or should I send my package without it?

The 260 is completed online and submitted electronically.

Send the AOS/IV package now. Do not wait. You can fill out the 260 after you pay your IV fee and it opens up. The IV fee and 260 are not connected to the review of the AOS/IV package. They are completed independently of one another. Then it all comes together in the end for your case complete.

Edited by Moustafa/Crystal

Filed: Other Timeline

Send the AOS/IV package now. Do not wait. You can fill out the 260 after you pay your IV fee and it opens up. The IV fee and 260 are not connected to the review of the AOS/IV package. They are completed independently of one another. Then it all comes together in the end for your case complete.

She's right just mail your package now the 260 will be available after you pay the IV bill

I called the NVC and asked that question when I paid the AOS. They told me to go ahead and send everything together in one packet when I had it ready. In other words, I sent the I-864s, supporting financial docs along with all civil supporting docs needed for IV all together. This was back in Feb. The IV didn't get invoiced until last week, which I paid right away, and filled out the DS260 as soon as it became available. Hopefully, it will get reviewed right away and since they have everything already there, it might get the case complete notification we are looking for.

CR-1

I-130

03/30/07 - I-130 sent to TSC.

04/09/07 - NOA1 via snail mail from CSC.

07/28/07 - NOA2 email

08/02/07 - Received NOA2 via snail mail.

NVC

08/14/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned.

08/20/07 - Form DS-3032 (choice of agent) & AOS bill generated.

08/23/07 - E-mailed choice of agent & mailed AOS bill (as per shortcuts).

08/30/07 - AoS bill entered into system

09/07/07 - Choice of Agent email entered into system.

09/10/07 - Mailed I-864EZ (Regular Mail)

09/10/07 - IV Bill Generated

09/14/07 - Wife receives DS-3032 (Thank God for the shortcuts!!!!)

09/22/07 - Received IV Bill

09/24/07 - Sent IV Bill Payment

10/10/07 - Sent DS-230 (Called NVC they said instructions were "mailed" last week)

10/25/07 - DS-230 RFE'd due to incorrect Birth Cert version.

10/31/07 - Sent in RFE back to NVC (Used RFE form from forum)

11/05/07 - RFE entered into system.....

11/20/07 - Case Completed

02/07/08 - Recieved Interview packet for K1 which I filed 09/06 but never cancelled

02/11/08 - Sent Consulate request to have interview for CR1 in place of K1

02/15/08 - RFE for new pictures on current CR1 ????WTH????

02/17/08 - Sent in RFE back with new pictures to NVC

02/22/08 - NVC forwards CR1 Case to Consulate in Santo Domingo

03/06-08 - Got the green light on the request to be interviewed on 3/20 for CR1 in place of old K1

03/20/08 - CR1 Interview -- Approved!!!!

03/31/08 - Travel to US

I-751

01/20/10 - Sent in request to remove conditions

01/30/10 - Received NOA for i-751

02/07/10 - Received NOA for Biometrics Appointment

02/26/10 - Biometrics completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.