TRUCHOEH2

Father had his interview and the consular is asking for more info

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has to be a LPR or USC and not a child.

So he has at best a 7 year wait, you can look up 9C, as far as his past documentation may be the Lawyer handling the case?, surprised that he did not keep his paperwork.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Well i handled all his paperwork for his visa petition that i put in for him in 2012...i just dont know where to go, to get his asylum history...or would the ID cards be enough proof?...what am not understanding is that me being a us citizen and over 21...why i cant do the waiver?...beats me

Timeline

The US has birthright citizenship so basically that is why children can not file waivers.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You could do a FOIA request. Takes time but the issue it seems is to show he is not 9c and has just the 10 year ban.

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

hmm but who would i send that request too? what department?...and umm so since my mother passed and she cant do it for him(the i601 form) and my grandparents are deceased...am the only one available to do it for him...what would you do?

Timeline

With his long history to be honest I would have at least consulted with a Lawyer before I started.

Would still do that now. I can look up names if you are interested in doing that.

FOIA, never had to do one so do not know whothe details but a google should find it.

Filed: Timeline

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

That is right.

Except they have not cleared him by the sounds of it for a waiver. His asylum stay is in doubt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.