rrodriguez

HELP!!! Understanding Interview Letter (Documents listed and it's code)

10 posts in this topic

I am confused please help! The letter states that regardless if you submitted a copy of any documents you still have to bring and original. (I provided all originals in my packet) Then it states to Refer to the codes for status definitions. Some of the codes state that the NVC didn't request the doc or that the NVC forwarded that doc to the embassy. Pretty much the only original doc they are asking me to bring is the police conduct report and the interview letter. Anyway, can somebody who's already been to the interview on 2015 help.me with this? This is my list and under the list I provided the code meaning. Do I have to bring everything original again? Since it states that I must bring an original regardless if I already provided a copy?

------------------------------------------

The following table lists the documents requested by the NVC and whether or not you submitted them to the NVC. Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, you are still required to bring the original document to the visa interview.

Refer to the Document Status Code Definitions on Page 3 to determine the meaning of the document status codes. Document Name Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS ©

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 ®

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 ®

2 - PASSPORT (Y)

3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE (O)

4 - ADOPTION (F)

5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (O)

6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION (F)

7 - COURT RECORDS (F)

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE (Y)

9 - MILITARY RECORDS (F)

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC POLICE CERT. (A)

FEE PAYMENT ($)

PHOTOGRAPH (Y)

F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (F)

F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE (F)

11 - PETITIONER MARRIAGE TERMINATION (F)

================================================================================ Required Visa Interview Documents and Document Status Code Definitions ================================================================================ While the applicant was processing at the National Visa Center, we asked him or her to submit certain forms and documents. On the following pages, we indicate the status of each of these forms and documents and any action the applicant needs to take to prepare them for the interview. Please refer to the document status code definitions below to determine what action to take for each item.

Document Status Code Definitions:

(A) Obtain the original or a certified copy of this document and present it at your interview

© You must bring this entire interview letter to your interview

(D) The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

(F) The NVC did not request this form or document

(G) You withdrew your I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, with USCIS

(H) You must obtain two passport photographs of yourself and present them at your interview

(I) This form is incomplete. You must present a completed form at your interview.

(J) The NVC only received a photocopy of the document. You must present the original document at the time of your interview.

(O) The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

(P) You must request this police certificate from the issuing authority. After you submit your request, the issuing authority will send the certificate directly to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for your interview.

® You submitted the Immigrant Visa Application online

(S) The NVC only received a scanned document. You must present the original document at the time of your interview.

(T) You must present an English translation of this document at the time of your interview

(U) You indicated this document was unavailable. The consular officer will decide whether to waive the requirement for this document at your interview.

(V) View the website at http://havana.usint.gov/cfrp.htmlfor English or http://spanish.havana.usint.gov/cfrp.html for Spanish and follow the instructions.

(X) This document is unobtainable

(Y) The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

($) Payment received The NVC returned this document to you per your request.

(+) Present this document at your interview.

• 10 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I also have a similar question. What does status "Y" mean? It is defined as: "Y- The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate" Do I have to bring something or not? Below is what I received. Both photograph and financial evidence were marked "Y". The definition is very unclear/ ambiguous.

Document Name Document Status What I think I'm supposed to do

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C Bring the Interview letter

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 R Do not bring

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APLICATION PART 2 R Do not bring

PASSPORT J Bring the original

3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE J Bring the original

4 - ADOPTION F Not requested

5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE J Bring the original

6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION J Bring the original

7 - COURT RECORDS F Not requested

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y ???

9 - MILITARY RECORDS F Not requested

10 - GEORGIA POLICE CERTIFICATE J Bring the original

FEE PAYMENT $ Paid in full bring nothing

PHOTOGRAPH Y ???

F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F Not requested

F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F Not requested

Edited by James&Maggie

Timeline

I found a "sample" letter online from 2009 defining Status Code Y as:

Y= The required document has been received and accepted

I'm still hoping one of you will be able to confirm that this code Y means that you do not have to present anything.

Thanks,

Timeline

Hi,

Not to complicate this even further but status code Y has the same definition as status code O verbatum. They both say: "The NVC sent this form or documentto the US Embassy or Consulate"

In an earlier version, 2011, I saw a slight difference:

Y- "The required document has been received"

O- "The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements."
Still hoping for a more definitive answer...

Timeline

I just spoke to the NVC, Tara, who told me that status code Y means they have the original, it is being sent to the embassy, and that my wife does not need to bring it to the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks, but they do not say which document is related with the code, for example they say this document is incomplete? I do not know which document or they say a code and tell me i have to bring the original, but i do not know which original, i need help.

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.