1,829 posts in this topic

Hi guys,...we haven't received the EAD card yet. Does anyone know if USCIS status would update from approval to something else once they sent out or are sending out the card?

they are supposed to but like my case, the last update i got was email stating approval of ead.

i got no further message or letter until i found combo card in mail yesterday.

just hang in there its coming.

I know the USCIS email/text system (and website) is as useful as tits on a frog but are you meant to get two emails from them when EAD has been accepted?

1. Saying that it has been accepted?

And then eventually...

2. Saying your card is in production?

I didn't get 1. I just got an email saying the card was in production.

February 14th 2015 - Wedding Day 

AOS Timeline

Apr 13th 2015 - Sent AOS package (Day 1)

Apr 17th 2015 - AOS email confirmation (Day 5)

May 2nd 2015 - Biometrics letter received (Day 20)

May 14th 2015 - Biometrics appointment (Day 32)
Jul 11th 2015 -
EAD/AP was in production (Day 90)

Jul 29th 2015 - EAD/AP was being mailed (Day 108)
Jul 31st 2015 - EAD/AP was received (Day 110)

Sep 25th 2015 - Green Card APPROVED!!! (Day 166)

Sep 28th 2015 - Green Card welcome letter received (Day 169)
Oct 1st 2015 - Green Card Received (Day 172)

*No RFE's*

I-751 Timeline

Aug 12th 2017 - Sent I-751 package (Day 1)

Aug 14th 2017 - I-751 Package delivered to USCIS (Day 3)

Aug 17th 2017 - USCIS cashed check (Day 5)

Aug 19th 2017 - NOA letter received (Day 7) 

Sep 11th 2017 - Biometrics letter received (Day 30)

Sep 22nd 2017 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 42)

Mar 5th 2018 - Case was received at my local office (Day 206)

Nov 28th 2018 - Request for initial evidence was mailed to me (Day 473)

Dec 17th 2018 - Evidence was received by USCIS (Day 492)

Naturalization Timeline

Dec 17th 2018 - Sent N-400 package online (Day 1)

I know the USCIS email/text system (and website) is as useful as tits on a frog but are you meant to get two emails from them when EAD has been accepted?

1. Saying that it has been accepted?

And then eventually...

2. Saying your card is in production?

I didn't get 1. I just got an email saying the card was in production.

Thats good news and frankly, the only message you need to receive. lol.

They should send you the notice of approval.

then they will send you an email with a tracking number letting you know your card has been shipped (takes about 10 - 14days).

but worse case scenario, card shows up in mail without the above. it happened to me.

Congrats! drink a beer.

Edited by Unchained

Awesome! Cheers. Whiskey might be a better choice after this wonderful and fun process.

February 14th 2015 - Wedding Day 

AOS Timeline

Apr 13th 2015 - Sent AOS package (Day 1)

May 2nd 2015 - Biometrics letter received (Day 20)

May 14th 2015 - Biometrics appointment (Day 32)
Jul 11th 2015 -
EAD/AP was in production (Day 90)

Jul 29th 2015 - EAD/AP was being mailed (Day 108)
Jul 31st 2015 - EAD/AP was received (Day 110)

Sep 25th 2015 - Green Card APPROVED!!! (Day 166)

Sep 28th 2015 - Green Card welcome letter received (Day 169)
Oct 1st 2015 - Green Card Received (Day 172)

*No RFE's*

I-751 Timeline

Aug 12th 2017 - Sent I-751 package (Day 1)

Aug 14th 2017 - I-751 Package delivered to USCIS (Day 3)

Aug 17th 2017 - USCIS cashed check (Day 5)

Aug 19th 2017 - NOA letter received (Day 7) 

Sep 11th 2017 - Biometrics letter received (Day 30)

Sep 22nd 2017 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 42)

Mar 5th 2018 - Case was received at my local office (Day 206)

Nov 28th 2018 - Request for initial evidence was mailed to me (Day 473)

Dec 17th 2018 - Evidence was received by USCIS (Day 492)

Naturalization Timeline

Dec 17th 2018 - Sent N-400 package online (Day 1)

Filed: Timeline

I don't have the same situation as you but I think if you are on every document and enough evidence you should be OK. Although if you are unsure try consulting a lawyer. Again, I'm not sure, I just thought I could help. But if you can't, try a website called avvo. You can sign up and post a question, it's pretty easy. The lawyers will get back to you and if you want, you can meet some of them or pay about $35( not sure of the amount but less than $50) and they will call you to answer some questions for a certain amount of time. Best of luck

Hey.. our timeline is similar and I came in b2 visa too. Also my husband is in the military haha. he isn´t deployed but maybe he´ll for the time of the interview. Feel free to message me.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone, Yesterday I receive the email saying my work permit was approved! So, today I´m applying for a work at home job and they ask me in the application if I´m legally able to work in the US. I now I am but you know... I don´t have the card yet nor ssn. somebody have this situation??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

anybody here planning on enlisting on military after receiving their conditional residency?

(4/13/15): Uscis received my documents AOS EAD

(4/17/15): Notice date for Biometrics

(5/06/15): 11am, Biometric done

(6/20/15) Letter received for i-485 interview for (July 22nd 2015 9:35am wednesday)

(6/24/15): (on June 29th, I was annoyed because I have not heard anything about my i-765 for EAD, and case status was not updated since April 13th saying we received your package. So I called USCIS and after talking to them for awhile I found out my I-765 was already approved and letter was sent at June 24th 2015, so that was a good news, but I still have not received my approval letter yet and my case status is still not updated.

(6/29/15): Called USCIS regarding my i-765 EAD, read (6/24/15)

*(6/29/15): Went home later that day after college, and found out I did receive my i-765 approval letter :D But case status online still not updated.

(7/9/15): EAD Recieved :D

(7/10/15): Applied for SSN

(7/22/15): Aos Interview

(7/23/15): Green card / Interview approved card in production

(7/27/15): Welcome Notice mail received in mail ^~^

(8/01/15): Social Security Card Arrived :D

(8/10/15): Permit acquired :) 1 wrong on written test. (9/01/15): Behind the wheel test

(8/19/15): Notification my Green Card has been mailed :3

(8/20/15): Approved for my very first credit card (Amazon store card, $800)

(8/20/15): Green Card is finally here ! its so sexy!!!

(End of my AOS journey)

(Military / Citizenship)

(8/21/2015): Talked to Marine Corps recruiter, Fixed my Social Security card (Work Only DHS Removed)

(8/24/2015): Practice Asvab taken

(8/15/2015): First Poole program as a guest, tiring day

(8/28/2015): New SSN arrived, (Unrestricted)

(8/29/2015): Went to see my recruiter to sign documents with my wife

(9/12/2015): First time visiting Korea in 17 years. Thanks to my Green Card

(11/04/2015): Passed my Drivers license test after 2 tries, at Santa Teresa DMV.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Got approved for EAD on Monday last week but received the email on thursday and the NOA on Saturday. Called uscis just to ask how long it takes and the lady said it could take 30 days but doesn't necessarily mean it will take 30 minutes. Has anyone here exceeded 3 weeks after approval notice of EAD? I've noticed most of you got them in 2 weeks after approval notice

I meant 30 days not 30 minutes. Typo..

anybody here planning on enlisting on military after receiving their conditional residency?

I had that thought but changed my mind. Theres alot going on out there, im not sure i can handle. But i like the navy though.

Got approved for EAD on Monday last week but received the email on thursday and the NOA on Saturday. Called uscis just to ask how long it takes and the lady said it could take 30 days but doesn't necessarily mean it will take 30 minutes. Has anyone here exceeded 3 weeks after approval notice of EAD? I've noticed most of you got them in 2 weeks after approval notice

I meant 30 days not 30 minutes. Typo..

I am wondering the same!!

we got the approval letter last Monday...and we're waiting for the card in the mail cuz my hubby just got an interview yesterday and I have a feeling they want him to start ASAP for full time.

goofy.gif Our K-1 progress luv.gifrose.gifrose.gif

I-129F Filed ~ 1/21/14

NAO1 text/email: 1/27/14

NAO2 hardcopy: 2/18/14

Case sent from NVC to London: 3/4/14

Case received by US Embassy: 3/6/14

CEAC status changed to "ready": 3/7/14

Package 3 date: 3/17/14

Medical: 5/14/14

CEAC status update: 5/19/14

Readiness Form: 5/29/14

CEAC status update: 6/4/14

Interview: 6/27/14 (APPROVED!!!)

Visa pick-up: 7/9/14 <3

AOS received: 4/21/15

Biometrics: 5/20/15

EAD letter received: 7/6/15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

I am wondering the same!!

we got the approval letter last Monday...and we're waiting for the card in the mail cuz my hubby just got an interview yesterday and I have a feeling they want him to start ASAP for full time.

Goodness! Another wait is on, am just glad we already got the interview letter but others received the card without any email or Noa so keeping fingers crossed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.