1stLoveRedo

Feeling helpless - I-130 NSC IC1 Oct-2014 filer - getting a runaround

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello VJ peeps

I am feeling helpless and I would like your help/input/guidance... anything that would shed some light.

So here is a Chronology of our petition

10/09/2014 - PD , our I-130 case was accepted at NSC

Dec 2014 - I have called to request a duplicate I-797 since it was never received

Dec 2014 - I have (not knowing I shouldn't) placed a mail forwarding for my address because I was leaving the country for 3 weeks, going overseas for our wedding.

01/02/2015 - received a txt message from USCIS that there was an update on our case. The update was that the USCIS mail was returned undelivered

01/05/2015 - Called, explained the situation and requested the receipt again... never received that one either

02/15/2015 - Was able to request again and confirm the address

02/27/2015 - received I-797

03/18/2015 - since the 5 months has passed I called in and submitted a service request for the case outside the time frame

03/23/2015 - Service Request was assigned

03/31/2015 - This Tuesday - I called to inquire about the case, and was told by a very nice USCIS officer that our target date is 04/02 and that I should call back on Friday

TODAY - I call in, requesting a call back from Tier 2. I receive a call back and the call lasted maybe 15 sec where said, Target date is approximate, you have to wait, there is nothing you can do

I call back again, thinking the USCIS officer told me to call and ask the status and why the case hasn't been completed... Well this time an officer said and I quote: "It takes 10 months now, the website is incorrect. " And when I inquire about the average time the application are going through she said: "well, this is the 6th time you are calling, you have to be patient and there is NOTHING you can do, ok mam?!?! I know that you want your husband here but you have to wait"

And then I get an email - recap of the call, that the service call was placed

I check on the USCIS website, and the Service Request detail has changed to 'completed' yet there is no update on our case

I have sent a request to the Senator yesterday, but the response time from them is anywhere between 1-2 weeks to get to my request and to send it to USCIS

I am thinking I should have contacted the Congressman?

I have no idea what to do, I am feeling helpless

Did anyone had a similar situation or does have any suggestion.

Thank you very much!

Edited by 1stLoveRedo

Omg 10 months?! As if the 5 months wasn't long enough, why don't they transfer some of the cases to CSC where people actually look at the files?! :cry:

I-130 Received- Feb 23
Check Cashed- Feb 26, 2015
NOA1- Feb 27, 2015 :dancing:
Received in mail- March 2, 2015

NOA2- July 15,2015 :dance:(4 months, 6 days)

Case Sent to NVC- July 23, 2015 (8 days)
NVC Received- July, 29, 2015 (6 days)

Received Case and IIN #- August 13,2015 (15 days)

Submitted DS-261- August 13,2015

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Omg 10 months?! As if the 5 months wasn't long enough, why don't they transfer some of the cases to CSC where people actually look at the files?! :cry:

I agree

And I am in CA... I have no idea what is going on . I wish I would hear SOMETHING

It almost felt like there was a subliminal message when I called today : 'you called us more then others ( no matters that was for a right reasons) so, now you have to wait extra long)

There are peeps that are going through, most of them are between 140-170 days, with the 155 being kind of average.

We are at 176 today, so 180 is just in few days.

And the last 10 days have been hard, especially today

I honestly don't think they truly realize how hard it is on us, i mean how could they when they get to go home to their husbands/wives and kids everyday, they don't kow how it feels to be separated for months, so they don't really care. Makes me wonder why they took the job in the first place

I-130 Received- Feb 23

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

The Tier 2 that i takled to on Tuesday was really helpful.

The second one I talked today, when I said that that I am following up on the call I had on Tuesday and was told to call even said ' I am a USCIS officer and I am telling you that you have to wait'

We were planning on me going overseas about now, but changed the plans because it's my busy season work.

I think some do know and are compassionate

But these two today - oh man.

I was hoping someone here had a suggestion or idea what I can do next, beside just sitting and waiting and knitting.

Well the best thing to do is get congress involved, it seems to work for others, I know asking for a expedite is basically hopeless unless you are from the Philippines. Not even military persons get expedited which is so unfair also. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hear something by next week

I-130 Received- Feb 23

event.png

event.png

event.png

Dec 2014 - I have (not knowing I shouldn't) placed a mail forwarding for my address because I was leaving the country for 3 weeks, going overseas for our wedding.

Were you not already married before filing the petition?

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline

Were you not already married before filing the petition?

Sure we were, we got married in September with just the witnesses, my mom and stepson By our side.

Then we decided to have a wedding reception for our close friends and family, about 70 guests, so we had that in December.

But we were already married and my last name was already changed :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.