Habel

NVC process for VSC filers from Aug 2013- Jun 2014

1,211 posts in this topic

Well NVC can take upto 25 days to respond after each correspondence with them. Give it another 2 weeks at least.

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

Hello Everyone,

Any news from any of you yet? Munafn and Dew as you guys are the first two who got approved at the begining, is there any update from your end? As the VB did not advance by that much it will give us a chance to have a CC before the next bulletin in my guess. What do you think guys? please share your ideas. Munafn did you manage to get answer for your questions if not can someone help aswering his question as I do not have any clue sorry mate. Maybe Sabi2000 can help. :) thanks in advance.

F-2A Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 2012/12/27 (Happy day :) )

I-130 Sent : 2013-11-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-11-22

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-01 :) (Happy day after waiting for long time)

NVC Received : 2015-04-16 :) (Another joyful day)

Case Number and IIN Received date : 2015-04- 27 (Glory to the lord :) ):

AOS Scan Date: 2015-05-11 (I have been advised to wait 30 days from the date of scan to get case closed)

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-06-04 (Praise the lord almighty :)

Medical Booked: 2015-07-08- Completed

Interview Date: 2015-08-19 (Praise the lord almighty) :)

Interview Result : Visa approved :) Thanks lord

US Entry :

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of dilemma and was hoping for some opinions. As of the end of April, I am resigning from my job in order to temporarily leave to UAE to take care of my father due to his health condition. I am not losing domicile, as I'm only away for two months. That being said, I won't have a job for the next two months. My annual salary and past tax returns more than sufficiently cover the cost required for supporting sponsorship. Unfortunately I have to go and using a joint sponsor is unfortunately not an option either at this time.

My question is - can I submit only my W2 and past tax return documents along with everything else to the NVC and manage to get a case complete without a joint sponsor? I will be unable to produce an employment letter/employment verification letter during the two months I am out. I will most definitely have a job before the interview as I'd be back before then and I can submit whatever evidence is required to my wife at the time.

Any thoughts on the process or what I should do? and unfortunately I cannot postpone my trip to the UAE.

@ Munafn - my neighbor in MD!!

I've thought about your dilemma a lot and I wasn't going to say anything lest it be incorrect. But since Habel has conjured me up....I will share with you my thoughts: I would not submit my docs to NVC without current employment letter/paystubs or a joint sponsor....no matter what! you will not get case complete without one of those two things and there would be no point in going through the process if you don't have enough docs for case complete.

So what I would do is get all the information now from your current company (paystubs/letter of employment etc...) and submit it all to NVC tout suite! resign only after you have submitted your paperwork to NVC then go for your 2 months.

alternatively, you can resign, travel for the 2 months, come back, get a job and submit everything along with the new employment letter to NVC ...we're talking July 2015.

Munafn - honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't chance it ....and I will get a letter of employment from my current employer and use that to submit to NVC.

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

I've thought about your dilemma a lot and I wasn't going to say anything lest it be incorrect. But since Habel has conjured me up....I will share with you my thoughts: I would not submit my docs to NVC without current employment letter/paystubs or a joint sponsor....no matter what! you will not get case complete without one of those two things and there would be no point in going through the process if you don't have enough docs for case complete.

So what I would do is get all the information now from your current company (paystubs/letter of employment etc...) and submit it all to NVC tout suite! resign only after you have submitted your paperwork to NVC then go for your 2 months.

alternatively, you can resign, travel for the 2 months, come back, get a job and submit everything along with the new employment letter to NVC ...we're talking July 2015.

Munafn - honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't chance it ....and I will get a letter of employment from my current employer and use that to submit to NVC.

Thank you for the response my MD neighbor :)

I have had some time to digest what you wrote and first of all thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a lot. I've been thinking about what to do for a long time. Fact is, I can't postpone my Dubai trip. - I will be leaving on the 30th of April.

Also my company has recently transitioned over to a new system for employment verification. They don't provide letters anymore and they have a system where any one can call in for verification - it's supposedly a system tied in directly with immigration. So getting a letter is out of the question for the time being. However, my last paystub will most likely come in around May 8th and I should be able to submit paystub(s) until that point in time.

That being the case though, I still haven't heard from NVC or received a case number as of yet. I do have a few questions though:

1) Can I submit only paystub without the employment verification letter (along with tax info etc) and get away with it?

2) Can I submit an employment letter with a future start date (July1) to prove income and employment

3) If (1) is possible, can I submit all my documentation to the NVC ahead of receiving a case number?

4) If (3) is not possible, then once I receive the case number, Can I submit all my information, tax, paystub related info ahead of time before accessing DS-260 and AOS fees?

I'm just operating under this assumption that if I have access to the case number and just submit a package to them, then at least they are in receipt of it. I also remember reading somewhere that, determination is not made at the NVC level on whether the information is correct. They only check for case completeness and that final determination is made at the embassy level.

I have to make my move accordingly in order to make the best of my situation at this time. In the mean time I am also looking at other forms of employment whereby I can maintain a US income and hopefully all this will be an issue of the past.

@Habel: No luck yet. I try calling at all different hours both morning and evening and it's really tough to get through. I thought now that the VB is out it would have eased up but nothing yet. I'll keep trying though. I'm coming up on that 3 week mark soon since approval. Also my wife left for the UK last night. It was very sad and upsetting. I hope this journey comes to a close for all of us really soon. It is the hardest thing having to deal with and I hope we can all feel that sigh of relief soon!

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

Thank you for the response my MD neighbor :)

I have had some time to digest what you wrote and first of all thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a lot. I've been thinking about what to do for a long time. Fact is, I can't postpone my Dubai trip. - I will be leaving on the 30th of April.

Also my company has recently transitioned over to a new system for employment verification. They don't provide letters anymore and they have a system where any one can call in for verification - it's supposedly a system tied in directly with immigration. So getting a letter is out of the question for the time being. However, my last paystub will most likely come in around May 8th and I should be able to submit paystub(s) until that point in time.

That being the case though, I still haven't heard from NVC or received a case number as of yet. I do have a few questions though:

1) Can I submit only paystub without the employment verification letter (along with tax info etc) and get away with it?

2) Can I submit an employment letter with a future start date (July1) to prove income and employment

3) If (1) is possible, can I submit all my documentation to the NVC ahead of receiving a case number?

4) If (3) is not possible, then once I receive the case number, Can I submit all my information, tax, paystub related info ahead of time before accessing DS-260 and AOS fees?

I'm just operating under this assumption that if I have access to the case number and just submit a package to them, then at least they are in receipt of it. I also remember reading somewhere that, determination is not made at the NVC level on whether the information is correct. They only check for case completeness and that final determination is made at the embassy level.

I have to make my move accordingly in order to make the best of my situation at this time. In the mean time I am also looking at other forms of employment whereby I can maintain a US income and hopefully all this will be an issue of the past.

@Habel: No luck yet. I try calling at all different hours both morning and evening and it's really tough to get through. I thought now that the VB is out it would have eased up but nothing yet. I'll keep trying though. I'm coming up on that 3 week mark soon since approval. Also my wife left for the UK last night. It was very sad and upsetting. I hope this journey comes to a close for all of us really soon. It is the hardest thing having to deal with and I hope we can all feel that sigh of relief soon!

Thanks for the update @Munafn and I hope we will hear something soon in God''s will. Stay strong and your wife is coming to a good weather as the sunshine here is lovely. :) Please let us know if you hear anything and I hope you will get an answer for your questions from other members soon.

Edited by Habel

F-2A Visa Journey

AOS Scan Date: 2015-05-11 (I have been advised to wait 30 days from the date of scan to get case closed)

US Entry :

Thanks for responding to @Munafn questions dear and please keep contributing your knowledge as they are really valuable to everyone here.

F-2A Visa Journey

US Entry :

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys..... Well NVC is a big pain to call... Yesterday I started dialing from 8:00 PM but no luck for 45 mins, then luckily my call went through but again for further talk with customer service I had to wait for 1 hour and 10 mins and .... Finally got with a representative

She told still my case wasn't in their system n that it takes 35 days to reach NVC... Blah bhah blah.....

I asked how will I receive notifications from NVC n she told if I provided email with my petition then NVC will send email and if not then paper mail....

So again no luck but will not stop calling them ... Will try again on Friday ... It's now 15 days... At least they should get the petition... Let's see good luck all n don't stop calling....at least we will know what's going on with NVC... Munafn, Habel u guys do also try as u r also approved earlier...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Hi guys..... Well NVC is a big pain to call... Yesterday I started dialing from 8:00 PM but no luck for 45 mins, then luckily my call went through but again for further talk with customer service I had to wait for 1 hour and 10 mins and .... Finally got with a representative

She told still my case wasn't in their system n that it takes 35 days to reach NVC... Blah bhah blah.....

I asked how will I receive notifications from NVC n she told if I provided email with my petition then NVC will send email and if not then paper mail....

So again no luck but will not stop calling them ... Will try again on Friday ... It's now 15 days... At least they should get the petition... Let's see good luck all n don't stop calling....at least we will know what's going on with NVC... Munafn, Habel u guys do also try as u r also approved earlier...

Hello Dew_Drops,

Good to see you here again. I did called them the first week and the answer I got was not to call until it passed the 35 days as that is the time frame. I will try to call maybe next Friday as it will be more than three weeks from the date of approval. If I hear anything from our lawyer before hand I will notify everyone here as she will be the first person to get the email from NVC. Good luck and I hope we will hear something soon. P.S one positive aspect is that the VB did not advance by that much which will give us time to finish everything with NVC until the next VB comes out hopefully :)

Edited by Habel

F-2A Visa Journey

US Entry :

Timeline

Just to share some info..... i just talked with an operator at NVC and asked her to check but unfortunately my case wasn't yet in their system....

She asked how many days it has been since approval and i told 15 days...so she told if its more than 35 days and NVC hasn't contacted you, then scan a copy of ur Approval notice and send an email at nvcresearch@state.gov...but if its not yet 35 days then wait ...

I asked how many days it takes for them to enter a case in their system and she told it takes 4 weeks...So i think by next week end we should hear sumthg....She also told that they will email me if i have provided email with my petition to USCIS...So now the waiting continues.....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Timeline

I want to ask about my sister. Her DOB is March 17th 1994. Priority date is Nov 27th 2013 and aprroval date is April 1st 2015. Is she going to be in safe zone for CSPA because she already turn 21 and we are worried that she wont make it.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Yaayyyyy ... Guys just talked with a representative n finally he told that NVC received my petition today.. I.e 16th and further they will send me instructions within next couple of weeks... He told that it takes 4 weeks after petition is received at NVC to create case number n send instructions....

Munafn... Habel.... U guys can call n check whether they received ur file or not ... Don't wait....call them

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Yaayyyyy ... Guys just talked with a representative n finally he told that NVC received my petition today.. I.e 16th and further they will send me instructions within next couple of weeks... He told that it takes 4 weeks after petition is received at NVC to create case number n send instructions....

Munafn... Habel.... U guys can call n check whether they received ur file or not ... Don't wait....call them

Congrats Dew_Drops and by reading your instruction I called them however, they told me the same answer by saying I have to wait the 35 days mark. I explained to the guy that a friend of mine who has got approved from the same service center around the same time as mine got told that NVC received his case, he said that person must be lucky to jump the queue and he told me to ring next week. I will try maybe end of next week and hopefully by then I will get the answer I am looking for. Thanks for your update and please let us know your progress in this process. We are nearly there in God's will.

F-2A Visa Journey

US Entry :

Timeline

Congrats Dew_Drops and by reading your instruction I called them however, they told me the same answer by saying I have to wait the 35 days mark. I explained to the guy that a friend of mine who has got approved from the same service center around the same time as mine got told that NVC received his case, he said that person must be lucky to jump the queue and he told me to ring next week. I will try maybe end of next week and hopefully by then I will get the answer I am looking for. Thanks for your update and please let us know your progress in this process. We are nearly there in God's will.

Yeah...Just don't stop calling them and just give it a shot every day when u get time....they will tell u if ur case is received or not......

So now i will call next week to get my case number and IIN....Hopefully by next friday they create my case .....

One more thing...once u know ur case number and IIN give them ur email address even though u submitted form G1145 with ur I-130 for email notification.....And the beneficiary's email too....its just to get things done pretty fast...Good luck....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Dew_DrOpS, what is the date of your NOA2?

USCIS

Chicago lockbox

09/02/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 Sent (USPS)

09/15/16: Email/Text from LockBox@USCIS

09/19/16: I-797-C letters received

09/27/16: BIO early walk-in (10/06/2016)

10/05/16: I-485 RFE email received

10/11/16: RFE yellow letter received/RFE package sent

10/13/16: RFE package delivered (USPS)

10/14/16: RFE package received by USCIS (Email received from USCIS)

11/23/16: I-765 was approved. Card ordered (Expedite processing/Job offer)

11/28/16: EAD Card was mailed

12/01/16: EAD Card was in the mail

05/15/16: Interview scheduled for 6/13/17

6/13/17: Interview. Not approved in the spot. IO wanted to check for gonorrhea test on I-693. She said maybe we could get RFE.

6/19/13: I-797C Letter on the mail. I-130 was approved. 

6/26/17: Email update: Green card production was ordered on 6/24/17

6/29/17: Email saying card was mailed on 6/28/17

6/30/17: We received the card. 

6/30/17: Waiting for ROC in 2 years (6/13/19)

ROC

03/16/19: Sent by USPS

03/19/19: Ready for PickUp ny USPS

03/22/19: Check cashed by USCIS

03/25/19: Extension letter received

11/22/19: BIO 

04/27/2020 Got Email Text saying Card is being produced (Interview waived) 

04/28/2020 Got Email/Text saying Approval letter sent 

Timeline

March 31... Check my timeline

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.