Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Pay for I-131 without US account

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there

Ive been asking about reentry permits for a while, and now i have encountered another issue.

I am trying to pay the fees, but it seems you can only pay with a US account.

I live in canada and because i became a permanent resident through the DV Lottery i have not lived in the states yet, or have a bank account there.

Do i have to go and open a account in the states, or is there another way?
Maybe go pay at the US consulate and only attach a receipt or something?

Any advice would be helpful.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

One possible alternative is if you know someone in the US that has a US checking account. Mail them your application, ask them to include a check for the correct amount and then mail to USCIS. Settle up with them later.


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...