new505

Just receive my P4, what's next?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just receive my P4 through email, it shows my interview date is May 26, 2015. What should I do next except gathering original documents. Do I need to register my immigration appointment here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv ? I tried to register it, but got error " is not ready for an appointment."

How and where do I need to select the delivery service?

Many thanks.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my interview is in Montreal...thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Newbie,

We're doing a similar track as you, except K1 visa. Once we got the MTL number, we completed the DS-160 and scanned the summary page, passport biographic, and Package 3 checklist.

Within hours of emailing we got back an email with the below link to schedule our appointment.

The link allowed us to select our Loomis pickup location and select an interview date, May 6th. I paid the fees by credit card and we received a confirmation of appointment to bring to Montreal. I'm not sure where else you would register? The link above takes you to the page where you create an account, pay your fees and select an appointment date. I think you already did all that?

Schedule your visa interview appointment

Please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com to obtain information online or via telephone concerning scheduling an interview appointment for you and those family members included in the petition. If you have not previously registered your information and selected a Loomis courier location on this website, please do so now.

You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number, and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select an appointment time for you and your family.

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for the message. But my situation is different. NVC sent me the letter (with email) that my immigration visa interview date is May 26, 2015 in Montreal. My question is: how and where can I select a Loomis courier.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is the link we used. If you go back in, you should be able to login to your account.. The Courier Selection links are there.. Also in the help section here: Hope this helps!

Step 3 – Preparation for the Interview

To learn about interview preparation, click here.

If you have received the appointment letter from NVC, KCC, or the U.S. Consular Section, you will need to complete an action on this website as part of the preparation for the interview. See below:

All Immigrant Visa applicants who have received an appointment letter, must register on this site for the return of the documents after the processing of the application. For more information, see Visa Document Courier Services.

If you have received the IV appointment letter, please create a new account. If you have created an account please, sign in to continue.

• Register for document return services

Timeline

Thanks...I figured that my case has not yet ready to select Loomis courier, and I need to wait a few more days to do so...

you can go here to check the status of your case, https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

once its set to Ready, you can register for Loomis.

You can do your medical and gather all the information the P4 letter states.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline

Can you tell me that normally how long it takes for the website to set to Ready after receiving the P4 , https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

I got my P4 on March 27, 2015.

Many thanks...

Timeline

It will change from NVC to In transit (when its shipped from NVC to Montreal) then it will change to Ready (when its at montreal and has been processed there)

For me it took about 3 weeks to change to Ready from my CC date. You can sign up for loomis at anytime before your interview so there isnt a big rush

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.