kippinski02

Help!!!!! NOI 2 recieved...change of job from W2 to Self Employed + dependent question

6 posts in this topic

ok so here is the situation: after 8 months through Texas finally received NOI 2 Approval....for my fiance who is in Vietnam...when I originally filed I had a w2 job and was laid off...Now I am a Networking Consultant and do make money - enough for the requirement but a lot work done was paid in cash...I am doing my return now...also, I got married to a non-k1 immigrant from Spain 4 years ago that was teaching English in Florida and petitioned her and did fill out Financial Support Form...I see that I might have to include her as a dependent - but our marriage ended before our first interview,,,I filed for divorce 3 months after marriage as we did nothing but argue...I left her her before even interviewing with her on a regular Marriage Petition- she did not even have an interview before I left her....

So my questions are:

1, My 2014 taxes that I am currently doing was for 4 months Self Employed with my LLC - but just started out at that time and didn't make much money..I do have enough for support with my W2s but how will they judge what I am making now since changing jobs- as Guidelines are - If Self Employed send last years tax return...

Should I raise the amount of what I made- and just pay taxes on it...or leave it alone? How would they judge what I am making currently? Should I just pay myself? With valid paystubs from my own company to show income currently working?

2. Since I never actually went to the first interview with my ex wife for the Marriage visa- Do I need to include her as an extra dependent on the Affidavit of Support....we no longer talk- I think her school renewed her contract..I doubt that she is here because of my petition..but possibly?? there was never a reason she could get grencard without me- and there was never any form of abuse...so just curious..

thanks

Does line 22 of your 1040 show you have enough to meet the requirement? If so, then you should be ok with that and your past W-2 for the year. If not, can you adjust it to show enough before filing it? You should because you will also need to supply an I-864 when it comes time for AOS, and they will also base it on your most recent tax return when self-employed.

If someone is not your dependent, as in you do not support them and/or claim them on your taxes, then they are not listed as a dependent on your I-134. You simply list them where it asks if you have ever filed a petition for anyone. If you never supplied an I-864, then they are not counted in your household size.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

yes - sorry for my confusion- but that is for I-134 Affidavit of Support fiance, but what about when she is in the USA- the form I-864 is worded differently...that marriage Affidavit of support is worded a little different......I don't want that one to bite me in the ### when she is over here- I made enough for 2 dependents but not 3 (if needed I will put more money earned on my taxes to cover difference- but only if i have to....

I-864

Household Size:

6. If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or 1-864 EZ who are now lawful permanent residents list here:

8. add lines 1-7 This is your household size:

I am doing taxes now for 2015 that she will use the get Work Permit....and I will have to fill that out once she is here and we are married...seems my ex may be added in there? but I have no idea if she is a lawful resident or not- as we no longer talk....I think she is - but I never went to first interview with her...and I don't know her status-- so just trying to figure out Household size....and if number 6. if i will have to add her there on the I-864

thanks!!

If you signed an I-864 for her to receive a green card, then yes, you have to count her on the I-864 for current spouse, unless you know she left the country and gave up her green card, worked for 40 quarters(about 10 years), became a USC, or died.

How did she have an interview for a green card without you being there? What was filed for? When did you submit the I-864? How can you not know if she became an LPR or not?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

i dont know how she is here but do remember that the school always renewed her h1b working visa- or whatever its called...i was married 2 months and seen I couldn't live with her and packed my stuff and moved into my rental- so I doubt she is here cause of my petition-- I never abused her..

I did tell her hey we not working out- and I don't feel comfortable going interview- and she freaked out- not me..I moved out and ignored her texts- but she did always try to make me sound threating..like "you threatened you would not go interview" but I just ignored due to someones advice that had simular...i think she tried use me gc-- thats why i didnt go interview...i didnt threaten her- just said i am packing my bags moving out filing divorce and will not go interview...I simply up and left-- in fact she tried sleeping on my balcony after i moved and in her car-- i just wanted her out of my life- and now have to make extra to petition someone i been with for 2 years...

i just dont see how she could be here when I never went to first initial interview??? but do know she had a h1b visa or whatever- as she was legit working at school- and they do renew

So, she was in the US and you married and then filed the I-130 and I-485? She could not have been approved at the adjustment of status interview if you divorced and were not there. So, I do not think you have active I-864 for her. She would not have become an LPR.

You can always try contacting the USCIS to find out if you have an active I-864 being enforced currently. It does not really sound as if you do though. Once you split up, you should have sent a letter to withdraw your I-130 and I-864.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.