Sharon

Wondering about fingerprinting....

15 posts in this topic

My daughter and I have our biometrics appointment this Friday the 16th.

I'm a maid at a 5-star inn so my hands are very hard-worked/rough/dry/calloused/cracked from all the cleaners I use and from plain hard work. :wacko:

I try my best to keep them moisturized with lotion etc. but it's not always easy. And working with rubber gloves on makes my job quite difficult at times.

I'm afraid that I might get turned away because my fingerprints can't be taken properly or something like that, ya know?

It's a 2 hour drive each way to the ASC and I'd hate like hell to go all that way only to be sent back home again.

Think I'm worrying for nothing and/or having any suggestions? :unsure:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you going to the Alexandria location Sharon?

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Are you going to the Alexandria location Sharon?

Alexandria location...yup. :yes:

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Timeline

I was there back in Jan for my Biometrics. I did a review of it. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49425 At the 1st desk when you walk in the door, the lady there very quickly looks at ur hands. I didn't see anyone get turned away, but of course I was in and out in 10 minutes. Was a very easy process and people for the msot part were freindly. Just ensure you fil out ther WHOLE form, many didnt see that they had to put down their address near the bottom of the sheet, and the lady at the desk would make them go sit back down and fill it out. Super easy process and ur husband/family can not follow u in, and of course no cell phones. They do not have any type of security check, all on the honor system!! Cheers

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Thanks, Scott. :thumbs:

They only printed your ONE right index finger for the biometrics? :huh:

Well, if that's the case, maybe I'll be ok then hehe. I'll just make sure that right index finger stays in good shape....lol.

I've been to that Alexandria office before - when I went for biometrics for my AOS almost 2 years ago. But my husband was allowed to come in with me then...you mean he isn't allowed to now? My daughter will be allowed of course as she is a permanent resident as well and is lifting conditions too, so she has to have biometrics done.

Timeline

They were only allowing people required for appts in. I think the family members could wait in the first set of chairs, but not past the second desk. I'm sure it will all go well.

Timeline

Sharon,

I don't post meaning to make you worry, but just my experience: I did it in Boston, and they did ask to see everyone's hands (I didn't see anyone turned away, and there were alot of people) but they did biometrics for every finger.

I'm sure you'll be fine. I imagine there are quite a number of people in similar situations where they work with their hands and need biometrics done one way or another!

~Pixie

*~*~*~ CR Timeline ~*~*~*

Jan. 29 2004 -- NOA I-130

July 2 2004 -- RFE

Aug. 6 2004 -- NOA2 I-130 APPROVED!!

Nov. 10 2004 -- NVC completes case!!

...waiting for an interview date...day 300+ and counting...

Dec. 11 2004 -- NVC assigns interview for January 6 2005!

Jan. 6 2005 -- Approved!

Jan. 9 2005 -- Living in the US

Jan. 24 2005 -- Welcome to America letter received

Jan. 29 2005 -- Green card arrives! (15 business days after entry)

Feb. 3 2005 -- Gainfully employed

Feb. 7 2005 -- SS card comes in mail (re-applied in person Jan. 25 after DS-230 application resulted in nothing)

*~*~*~* Removing Conditions~*~*~*

Nov. 27 2006 -- filed I-751 to Vermont

Jan. 08 2007 -- received I-551 stamp received from Boston with Infopass appt (card expired tomorrow, no NOA; they took my green card :( )

Jan. 10 2007 -- NOA received (figures!! Dated 12/21/2006)

Jan. 11 2007 -- biometrics appt letter (Dated 01/05/2007)

Jan. 20 2007 -- biometrics done in Boston

Thanks pixie. :)

I guess all I can do is try my best to take care of my hands for the next few days at least, hard as that may be.

And then hope for the best when I go for the biometrics. Wouldn't you know it, I got a damn cut on my thumb yesterday too - but at least it's on the top where I don't have fingerprints....lol.

I'll let you know how it goes on Friday.

Just for the record, I had my biometrics done today at the Alexandria, Virginia ASC. The prints and photo.

All went fine despite my worries. But....Scott...

what made YOU so special that they only took your one index print, huh? :huh:

They took all ten of my prints just as pixie had done and just as everyone who was there at the ASC had done as far as I could see. :yes:

With one exception - my daughter had only her one index print taken...as did all the other minors who were there...

Are you sure they have your age right? :lol:

:thumbs:

P.S. I was not in and out as you were Scott - lucky me got to wait in the waiting room for close to an hour before our number came up. :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I work where they take prints all the time, from dead bodies to older people wanting gun permits. If they are experienced in this area as im sure they should be you should have no problems, they see all conditions of hands.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

I'm sure they only took 1 finger, who knows, lol My mind is full of useless pharmacology stuff!! Sorry you did not get in and out as fast as I did. maybe it was the fact I had not showered in a month speeded up the process for myself. Glad all went well.

I'm sure they only took 1 finger, who knows, lol My mind is full of useless pharmacology stuff!! Sorry you did not get in and out as fast as I did. maybe it was the fact I had not showered in a month speeded up the process for myself. Glad all went well.

:D:jest::D too funny

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

They only took one index finger print at my biometrics. I do get carded a lot but I'm sure they knew my real age....

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

They only took one index finger print at my biometrics. I do get carded a lot but I'm sure they knew my real age....

Hehe :hehe:

Yeah but you went to an ASC in St. Albans or thereabouts for your biometrics, right? I can understand inconsistency from state to state as to how they do biometrics...but Scott and I both went to the very same ASC. And just within a month of each other to boot...lol.

Meh, this is USCIS we're talking about after all, eh? They don't know the meaning of the word "consistent". :wacko:

Edited by Sharon

Timeline

Maybe because u came in on a K1, and I was a cr-1, who knows, not much with the gov't makes sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.