xasuma

Help Filling Forms

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am a F-1 student at the moment, filling the forms for adjustment of status through marriage. But I have a few concrete questions regarding some of the forms. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

1) Form I-485: "Current USCIS Status" and "Expires on" . --> Would I put "F1" and "expiration date of visa" respectively here?
2) Form I-485: "Nonimigrant visa number" --> I have looked online for this, but cannot come to an answer. There is nothing called this or similar to this on my visa. I am not sure what to put here.
3) Form I-130, question 22: "USCIS office in.." ---> how do I know which USCIS office I should use? Simply the closest to where I live? Or is there a designated office for certain locations?

4) Form G-325A: "File number" ---> Starts with an "A" according to the form, however I have no idea where this number would come from.
5) Form G-325A: "Alien Registration Number" --> Exactly the same as above, starts with an "A" , yet I don't know where to get it from.

6) Form I-765, question 16: "Who may file form I-765" --> I am not sure on the category, I belive it might be (a)(9) "k-3 Nonimmigrant Spouse of US citizen or K-4 Dependent" . (I got married to a US citizen, currently going to college on a F1 visa. I have been in the US for more than 90 days. And I am applying for a green card.) If (a)(9) is the right category, which parenthesis would I leave blank on the form? (there are three parenthesis to fill).

Thank you for reading, I would really appreciate the help. Thank you very much in advanced.
And I apologize if I am creating this thread on the wrong sub-forum.

Edited by xasuma

1) Form I-485: "Current USCIS Status" and "Expires on" . --> Would I put "F1" and "expiration date of visa" respectively here?

I would put "F1 Visa Holder" and then yes the expiration of the visa

2) Form I-485: "Nonimigrant visa number" --> I have looked online for this, but cannot come to an answer. There is nothing called this or similar to this on my visa. I am not sure what to put here.

It is generally the RED number on the visa itself. You can google it too for a picture of where to find it.

3) Form I-130, question 22: "USCIS office in.." ---> how do I know which USCIS office I should use? Simply the closest to where I live? Or is there a designated office for certain locations?

Closest, at least thats what I did!

4) Form G-325A: "File number" ---> Starts with an "A" according to the form, however I have no idea where this number would come from.

5) Form G-325A: "Alien Registration Number" --> Exactly the same as above, starts with an "A" , yet I don't know where to get it from.

You probably dont have an A number. My husband who just filed for AOS was here on E3 visa and does not have an A number so I simply left this blank. It comes up a lot on many forms.

6) Form I-765, question 16: "Who may file form I-765" --> I am not sure on the category, I belive it might be (a)(9) "k-3 Nonimmigrant Spouse of US citizen or K-4 Dependent" . (I got married to a US citizen, currently going to college on a F1 visa. I have been in the US for more than 90 days. And I am applying for a green card.) If (a)(9) is the right category, which parenthesis would I leave blank on the form? (there are three parenthesis to fill).

We were ©(9) but I am not very familiar with the categories so I'll leave this to someone else. As far as how to enter, I left the third one blank.

Good luck! :)

Our Timeline!

September 2012 - Met while on work experience

June 2013 - Moved in together

September 2014 - Engaged

November 2014 - Married (private courthouse wedding, plan to get married with friends/family in a few years)

3/20/15 - Mailed I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to USCIS via FedEx Overnight

3/23/15 - Day 0 AOS Package delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox

3/26/15 - Day 3 Checks cashed

3/30/15 - Day 7 NOA1 e-mail for all forms

4/13/15 - Day 22 Received notice in mail for biometrics appointment
4/21/15 - Day 30 Scheduled biometrics appointment successful in Indianapolis
6/3/15 - Day 73 EAD Card in Production!!! Wooo!!!!!!
6/10/15 - Day 80 Received EAD/AP Combination card via USPS
7/10/15 - Day Interview Notification via Email (approximate date)
8/17/15 - Interview in Chicago
9/1/15 - Green Card Recieved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am a F-1 student at the moment, filling the forms for adjustment of status through marriage. But I have a few concrete questions regarding some of the forms. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

1) Form I-485: "Current USCIS Status" and "Expires on" . --> Would I put "F1" and "expiration date of visa" respectively here? Yes

2) Form I-485: "Nonimigrant visa number" --> I have looked online for this, but cannot come to an answer. There is nothing called this or similar to this on my visa. I am not sure what to put here. Number in red, lower right on visa

3) Form I-130, question 22: "USCIS office in.." ---> how do I know which USCIS office I should use? Simply the closest to where I live? Or is there a designated office for certain locations? You just have to list your city and state where you live, or go here and find the exact city for your location > http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

5) Form G-325A: "Alien Registration Number" --> Exactly the same as above, starts with an "A" , yet I don't know where to get it from. The file and A# are the same thing. You do not have an A# yet, so leave those blank.

6) Form I-765, question 16: "Who may file form I-765" --> I am not sure on the category, I belive it might be (a)(9) "k-3 Nonimmigrant Spouse of US citizen or K-4 Dependent" . (I got married to a US citizen, currently going to college on a F1 visa. I have been in the US for more than 90 days. And I am applying for a green card.) If (a)(9) is the right category, which parenthesis would I leave blank on the form? (there are three parenthesis to fill). No. Your category is (c )(9 ), which is for an adjustment applicant. You leave the last one blank.

Thank you for reading, I would really appreciate the help. Thank you very much in advanced.

And I apologize if I am creating this thread on the wrong sub-forum.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.