Not a Tailor

Tracking EP at the NVC (YOUR DATA NEEDED!)

1,158 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi brentos,

I think you're fine.

I did the same (sent two separate e-mails AOS/IV per case). I tried to respect the 5MB limit per file, but the total size of my AOS e-mail was huge... around 20MB in total (my husband has a few sources of income, and he didn't have a tax transcript back then, so I scanned everything). I think your e-mail did not bounce, or you would have got some type of notice.

You put your case number in the subject line, correct?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi brentos,

I think you're fine.

I did the same (sent two separate e-mails AOS/IV per case). I tried to respect the 5MB limit per file, but the total size of my AOS e-mail was huge... around 20MB in total (my husband has a few sources of income, and he didn't have a tax transcript back then, so I scanned everything). I think your e-mail did not bounce, or you would have got some type of notice.

You put your case number in the subject line, correct?

Yes, I put what Saylin suggested in the wiki for example MTLXXXXXXXXXX – Supporting Documents for the DS-260 but the the Xs were my case number.

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Timeline

Yes, I put what Saylin suggested in the wiki for example MTLXXXXXXXXXX – Supporting Documents for the DS-260 but the the Xs were my case number.

That is what I did too. I think you're fine.

Maybe when you call, try telling them you're very worried you haven't heard anything about your documents and whether you should send the documents again? I'm positive the NVC representative will say "Don't do that", so then you can ask if there's any way to speak to the supervisor or to the person responsible for EP e-mails there.

I've had a lot of problems with my daughter's case (it got locked twice) - I can't say 100% of NVC representatives are responsive, but most of them would at least try to forward the call if I insisted. I think you're reaching a point in which you will need to start insisting with them - always do it politely, and if a representative doesn't seem to care, call again later and try it with someone else.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

PS - If nothing changes 30 days after you sent your documents, I would suggest you contact your congressman. I know it sounds extreme, but for something as simple as acknowledging the receipt of your documents, they might be helpful and make the NVC move. You need to write a good and compelling letter, but you have plenty of evidence to show they have been neglecting your case.

hey brentos

sounds like you're experiencing a few bumps in the road.

i had high expectations of finishing the process nov 2014...started the process in late jan 2014 and thought 10 months would do us just fine (especially since we'd been through the K1 experience, knew the ropes and went about cancelling that correctly) but no avail...we hadn't even got our NOA2 by then. best not to be expecting much and be pleasantly surprised when it does happen.

i believe they did get your packages but aren't able to communicate that to you. it would have bounced back if it didn't send properly and if they couldn't open the file (because it was password protected or corrupt) they would have notified you. i believe they do have your documents and they are just waiting approval....just got to be patient brother.

like i said earlier. I called about 4-5 times waiting a scan date....got several different answers over the phone which were ridiculous dates that made no sense at all....and one conversation blew me out of the water that i was crushed for an entire long weekend. i was absolutely miserable!! word to the wise-don't call late friday night cuz you never know what they will tell you. turns out i called back on tuesday (monday was a holiday) and spoke to a different person and got totally different news....this person was more helpful did a bit more digging and said things that made more sense....such as confirmed ds 260 date and iv paid date. just talking to this person about this made me feel a lot more comfortable and i knew that last person i spoke with was misinformed. turns out they were and this person was more accurate.

stay on them. start logging dates if you haven't already as you will need these should you need to contact your congressperson. start researching that now-it will help advance your case if you need to act.

good luck.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For me it's still the same story. Just called again, she put me on a few mins hold, then said that everything looks good, they have everything they need from me, it is in the very final review stage and should be complete very soon. But they said this exact thing on September 4th :(

Timeline

For me it's still the same story. Just called again, she put me on a few mins hold, then said that everything looks good, they have everything they need from me, it is in the very final review stage and should be complete very soon. But they said this exact thing on September 4th :(

I think your case is exactly like mine. The documents you've sent to the NVC must be okay, but they probably need to scan the documents you've sent to USCIS previously to send them all to the embassy.

I can't really understand why they can't assign a person to take care of EP cases exclusively :protest:

Timeline

I called nvc earlier tonight. The women I spoke to said they still don't have anything from me that she can see. She even put me on hold and seems to have gone to check with a supervisor and see. She said she can't see anything and that maybe they never got anything. She said maybe wait till end of next week but I might want to send it again. She even said maybe I should send it by mail.

So now I really don't know what to do. Or how to proceed. My wife is saying we wait a few more days and then see. But then what do we do, send it by email or mail. And we basically have lost a month.

USCIS

Spoiler

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

I called nvc earlier tonight. The women I spoke to said they still don't have anything from me that she can see. She even put me on hold and seems to have gone to check with a supervisor and see. She said she can't see anything and that maybe they never got anything. She said maybe wait till end of next week but I might want to send it again. She even said maybe I should send it by mail.

So now I really don't know what to do. Or how to proceed. My wife is saying we wait a few more days and then see. But then what do we do, send it by email or mail. And we basically have lost a month.

I sent them my docs on july 10 and they email me my scan date however i end up with chicklist requesting for the same docs so i resent everything again on sep 3 and now im still waiting. I just contact my senator today i need some support on this i have had it . They lie and delay ppl

Timeline

To Cr1/IR1: Do you have to send packet 3 to Montreal Consulate before the interview? I've read somewhere that we don't have to send it. Thank you.

Timeline

Just an update.

When I spoke to NVC on October 9th they basically told me that they can't find anything and we should re-email everything again. They told me they put me on a supervisor list to get looked at quicker and to mention that I am resubmitting everything again and that I originally submitted on September 7th.

Sent it October 11th. Got an email October 16th saying they got it October 12th. I called and they basically told me I have to wait 30 days or till the supervisor looks at the case which can take 42 days.

So...seems they just wasted 30+ days of our time for nothing. Not sure if they is anything we can do now to speed it up.

USCIS

Spoiler

NVC

Spoiler

Timeline

Just an update.

When I spoke to NVC on October 9th they basically told me that they can't find anything and we should re-email everything again. They told me they put me on a supervisor list to get looked at quicker and to mention that I am resubmitting everything again and that I originally submitted on September 7th.

Sent it October 11th. Got an email October 16th saying they got it October 12th. I called and they basically told me I have to wait 30 days or till the supervisor looks at the case which can take 42 days.

So...seems they just wasted 30+ days of our time for nothing. Not sure if they is anything we can do now to speed it up.

Hi brentos,

When my case had been stalled for 20 days just because they needed to scan my i-130 for the embassy, my husband and I decided to write congressmen. We felt we were in a blackhole. Two days later after contacting them, we got CC. Three days after that they scheduled my interview. Two out of three of the politicians we contacted replied and one is still actively following our case.

Since we got the packet 4 letter confirming the interview, the NVC has sent three extra e-mails with more detailed instructions, and called my husband twice to make sure we bring the correct documents to the interview. I don't see this happening to a lot of people - we think they've been like this because the congressman office is on their back.

The two senators that have replied back to us have employees dedicated to work on cases like ours. If I were you, I would contact them. Explain the mistake they made with your case and that you want to be with your spouse for the holidays... At this point, you don't really have much to lose.

(I hope I'm not being repetitive. But it's cruel of them to make you wait for 42 days more.)

Edited by BRlove

Timeline

Hi brentos,

When my case had been stalled for 20 days just because they needed to scan my i-130 for the embassy, my husband and I decided to write congressmen. We felt we were in a blackhole. Two days later after contacting them, we got CC. Three days after that they scheduled my interview. Two out of three of the politicians we contacted replied and one is still actively following our case.

Since we got the packet 4 letter confirming the interview, the NVC has sent three extra e-mails with more detailed instructions, and called my husband twice to make sure we bring the correct documents to the interview. I don't see this happening to a lot of people - we think they've been like this because the congressman office is on their back.

The two senators that have replied back to us have employees dedicated to work on cases like ours. If I were you, I would contact them. Explain the mistake they made with your case and that you want to be with your spouse for the holidays... At this point, you don't really have much to lose.

(I hope I'm not being repetitive. But it's cruel of them to make you wait for 42 days more.)[/quote

The NVC called my husband too after they scheduled my interview to make sure we have the papers needed for interview. We waited 4 months from CC to interview date.

Edited by jhondhrey

Timeline

We submitted my documents via email on September 22, 2015 and received an email Saying that they received my documents.

We are almost at the 30 day mark and hope they find all my documents when they start reviewing (hopefully in the next few days).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.