Sign in to follow this  
Dean_De

INFO from SLEC: If applicant choose to do acceptable TB treatment from local physician other than SLEC

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

just sharing this info which I got from SLEC, to those who may have had the same question as I did have " If Applicant choose to do the treatment for TB outside of SLEC / local physician". Here was the reply from SLEC:

"If both the smear and MTB culture test revealed positive result, applicant will be required to undergo treatment here in our facility, if you decided to have the treatment done in the province, a repeat medical exam will be required, but you will have to wait 1 year after treatment outside is completed. This means that, applicant has to wait an additional 1 year after the end of acceptable TB treatment before doing the repeat medical examination."

Edited by Dean_De

That's good info. My fiancée completed dot at slec. There are no shortcuts or work arounds to do treatment anywhere other than at slec.

I sat down with a slec pulmonary doctor one time and he explained to me that these "in province" treatments don't always provide the compete dosing and monthly testing standard that slec is required to do. In short, slec can choose to disregard outside completed treatment and bring the person right into their 8-9 month tb testing and treatment program at slec.

Better to follow slec's treatment and get'r done.

Edited by luckytwo15

That's good info. My fiancée completed dot at slec. There are no shortcuts or work arounds to do treatment anywhere other than at slec.

I sat down with a slec pulmonary doctor one time and he explained to me that these "in province" treatments don't always provide the compete dosing and monthly testing standard that slec is required to do. In short, slec can choose to disregard outside completed treatment and bring the person right into their 8-9 month tb testing and treatment program at slec.

Better to follow slec's treatment and get'r done.

It says on the link you've shared that:wait an additional 1 year after the end of acceptable TB treatment

which means that the panel physician is still going to assess whether the TB Treatment that my fiance is undergoing is the one acceptable to SLEC's standards and let's say that she goes to SLEC once her entire treatment from local doctor is done which is on September 2015 and got SLEC approves such treatment, we would have to wait until September 2016 before she can have the whole medical exam done by SLEC for the VISA?

It says on the link you've shared that:wait an additional 1 year after the end of acceptable TB treatment

which means that the panel physician is still going to assess whether the TB Treatment that my fiance is undergoing is the one acceptable to SLEC's standards and let's say that she goes to SLEC once her entire treatment from local doctor is done which is on September 2015 and got SLEC approves such treatment, we would have to wait until September 2016 before she can have the whole medical exam done by SLEC for the VISA?

yes correct!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.