Dean_De

INFO from SLEC: If applicant choose to do acceptable TB treatment from local physician other than SLEC

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

just sharing this info which I got from SLEC, to those who may have had the same question as I did have " If Applicant choose to do the treatment for TB outside of SLEC / local physician". Here was the reply from SLEC:

"If both the smear and MTB culture test revealed positive result, applicant will be required to undergo treatment here in our facility, if you decided to have the treatment done in the province, a repeat medical exam will be required, but you will have to wait 1 year after treatment outside is completed. This means that, applicant has to wait an additional 1 year after the end of acceptable TB treatment before doing the repeat medical examination."

Edited by Dean_De

Timeline

That's good info. My fiancée completed dot at slec. There are no shortcuts or work arounds to do treatment anywhere other than at slec.

I sat down with a slec pulmonary doctor one time and he explained to me that these "in province" treatments don't always provide the compete dosing and monthly testing standard that slec is required to do. In short, slec can choose to disregard outside completed treatment and bring the person right into their 8-9 month tb testing and treatment program at slec.

Better to follow slec's treatment and get'r done.

Edited by luckytwo15

Timeline

That's good info. My fiancée completed dot at slec. There are no shortcuts or work arounds to do treatment anywhere other than at slec.

I sat down with a slec pulmonary doctor one time and he explained to me that these "in province" treatments don't always provide the compete dosing and monthly testing standard that slec is required to do. In short, slec can choose to disregard outside completed treatment and bring the person right into their 8-9 month tb testing and treatment program at slec.

Better to follow slec's treatment and get'r done.

It says on the link you've shared that:wait an additional 1 year after the end of acceptable TB treatment

which means that the panel physician is still going to assess whether the TB Treatment that my fiance is undergoing is the one acceptable to SLEC's standards and let's say that she goes to SLEC once her entire treatment from local doctor is done which is on September 2015 and got SLEC approves such treatment, we would have to wait until September 2016 before she can have the whole medical exam done by SLEC for the VISA?

Timeline

It says on the link you've shared that:wait an additional 1 year after the end of acceptable TB treatment

which means that the panel physician is still going to assess whether the TB Treatment that my fiance is undergoing is the one acceptable to SLEC's standards and let's say that she goes to SLEC once her entire treatment from local doctor is done which is on September 2015 and got SLEC approves such treatment, we would have to wait until September 2016 before she can have the whole medical exam done by SLEC for the VISA?

yes correct!

• 3 years later...

Hello evryone

new member here

I just done my sputum test three weeks ago

October 2-4 was my 3 days sputum test

i came back October 5,2018 for my pulmonary evaluation(i requested early evaluation since my plane ticket was on this day)

and just yesterday ive got a call from St.Lukes through telephone

i was not able to answer that call since i was doing something,soo right now,i’m very worried,i dont even know what to think of,because i know dat after three weeks if they will call u that means its a bad sign,(positive culture test)

soo, i just anticipate to myself that if i am really positive,then i have to deal with it,i just think also that maybe they gonna asked me for my picture since during my medical the staff at St.Lukes accidentally ruin the passport picture i gave or maybe they will just going to extend my return back date,i dont know,while waiting here by Monday,i cant even stop thinking that i am really positive (TB)

and i just wonna know,if ever i have to do the six months treatment,are they going to culture and let me do sputum test again after i done with the treatment

or they will going to give me and release the immunization or vaccines right away after i done the treatment!!?

Your answers means a lot to me

God bless

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your culture is positive you will have to complete DOT (Direct Observation Therapy) at SLEC.   You will complete a 2nd medical upon completion of DOT, if all is good you will then receive your vaccinations.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you soo much for very informative answer Hank,

It really help me reach out a lot,

but i havent been talked to the St.Lukes staff yet

seems my situation now is very technical

i really regret i was not able to answer there call yesterday,

but the ball keep rolling on,

Hopefully they are nkt going to tell me that i need to have another Doctor appointment

i just really keep hoping

but if it really does,

I have nothing to do than to accept the reality

One more thing, if i have to undergo the treatment,shall my lawyer will going to re apply the visa petition for me(cr-1 visa)

or it would be fine?are they going to extend that one?

what shall i do?

may i know the email address of the us embassy here in the Philippines in which i can able to notify them regarding my case!

ive been thinking to call them sooner after i heard something from St.Lukes regarding that matter about my medical!!

I just really wonna be knowledgeable enough since my lawyer doesnt know about how does it work here!!

this time i have to do my part and i am very grateful to be a part of this community

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Azon said:

Thank you soo much for very informative answer Hank,

It really help me reach out a lot,

but i havent been talked to the St.Lukes staff yet

seems my situation now is very technical

i really regret i was not able to answer there call yesterday,

but the ball keep rolling on,

Hopefully they are nkt going to tell me that i need to have another Doctor appointment

i just really keep hoping

but if it really does,

I have nothing to do than to accept the reality

One more thing, if i have to undergo the treatment,shall my lawyer will going to re apply the visa petition for me(cr-1 visa)

or it would be fine?are they going to extend that one?

what shall i do?

may i know the email address of the us embassy here in the Philippines in which i can able to notify them regarding my case!

ive been thinking to call them sooner after i heard something from St.Lukes regarding that matter about my medical!!

I just really wonna be knowledgeable enough since my lawyer doesnt know about how does it work here!!    :lol:    No surprise there!

this time i have to do my part and i am very grateful to be a part of this community

Your petition will be fine ... just remember to cancel your current interview if needed .. then reschedule later.

Scheduling the Interview:
By Calling (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.
Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

One thing,since St.Lukes told me three weeks ago that i have to undergo sputum test,they instructed me that just dont show up to the date of my interview

that was supposed to be October 16,2018

right 2 weeks after my medical exam

I did not do anything,i did not even bother to call the embassy since they told me that they will be the one to inform them that i undergo for the certain sputum test!

Do you think would that be fine?because i was asking my friend too,the one i met there in St.Luke that does sputum test also,she havent called the embassy too

thank you soo much

Timeline
1 hour ago, Azon said:

One thing,since St.Lukes told me three weeks ago that i have to undergo sputum test,they instructed me that just dont show up to the date of my interview

that was supposed to be October 16,2018

right 2 weeks after my medical exam

I did not do anything,i did not even bother to call the embassy since they told me that they will be the one to inform them that i undergo for the certain sputum test!

Do you think would that be fine?because i was asking my friend too,the one i met there in St.Luke that does sputum test also,she havent called the embassy too

thank you soo much

As long as St. Luke's stated that they will contact the embassy all is fine... 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Good day

I just call St.Lukes today and they told me to report by nextweek

One thing,they let me bring my passport and receipt

would dat be a sign that im positive for TB?

anybody here have same experience as mine,

for someone who does treatment,

do they let u bring ur passport and receipt when they call u to go bAck?

Have a good day evryone,I just talked to slec staff today,

they called me 3 weeks after i undergo my sputum test,while i was talking to the staff,he told me to report tomorrow but since im from Mindanao(Camiguin Island) i told them if can i make it nextweek,soo he told me yes

nextweek by tuesday,

and then he told me to proceed to second floor pulmo evaluation department,

then he even told me to bring my passport and receipt,anyone that had experience for treatment,is it the same thing they told u guys when they call u over the phone,

Because i read some blogs that once they let u to bring ur documents such as passport and receipt

it means its gonna be fine

and if ever i really had to undergo treatment,why they dont tell me to report on DOT section

thank you soo much for the answers

god bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.