JT09

MEDICAL RESULT WILL EXPIRE BEFORE GOING TO U.S

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have a scenario! the U.S embassy issued my dad's visa yesterday! (so happy!) the only problem is his medical results are going to expire at the end of this month and he is planning on leaving philipines in June so he would have someone to go with to come here. My question is, is this going to be a problem ? do we need to pay for another medical?? please help!

Also, how long is the visa validity? meaning how long is the time frame between visa issurance date and it's expiration?

TIA!!

Edited by JT09

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The visa expiry is tied up with the medical expiry. Check the expiry date on the visa itself.

And yes you will pay for another medical exam if he doesn't leave on time. Additional headache for you.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

He doesn't have the actual visa yet, I just saw online that they had issued it.

Is the medical result included in the "visa packet"? and does it have a expiration date on there?

I just need to know if its ok for him to travel even if his medical is expired but his visa is still valid.

Timeline

He doesn't have the actual visa yet, I just saw online that they had issued it.

Is the medical result included in the "visa packet"? and does it have a expiration date on there?

I just need to know if its ok for him to travel even if his medical is expired but his visa is still valid.

The medical will expire the same time as the visa. They go hand in hand. You only need to look at the expiry date on the visa itself. The medical results will be inside the visa packet which you can't open.

Timeline

He did it back in October or November, and St. Luke's told him that it will expire at the end of March 2015, they said he needs to go before it expires. That's the only reason why I' concerned :(

Timeline

The medical is only valid for 6 months. He better leave as soon as he has the visa. If he needs special attention you can arrange that with the airline company. No use letting the visa go to waste, you'll be wasting money and time too.

Timeline

my medical result had expired while waiting for my visa. I emailed and phoned the embassy until now no info on what to do next.

When did you call them? please update me if ever you hear from them again! thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Posted Today, 04:56 AM

Tiny Jo, on 18 Mar 2015 - 4:01 PM, said:snapback.png

my medical result had expired while waiting for my visa. I emailed and phoned the embassy until now no info on what to do next.

When did you call them? please update me if ever you hear from them again! thank you!

__ I called the embassy one week before my medical expiration. I called them everyday. Just like an automated response agents said the same thing. They cant give me the date when my visa will be released and they can only make a report about it. I was very disappointed when my visa expired cus it will lead to another waiting game. Until now no letter or call from the embassy . I emailed St Luke and this is what they said :

"Normally the US Embassy notifies the applicant if the medical result is already expired.The embassy sends a letter to the applicant requesting for a repeat medical examination.If you have not received any letter, it is your discretion to have the medical exam even without it. Kindly bring your previous appointment letter for our reference. "

Thats annoying right? better if they (embassy) will inform me so I can do necessary action instead of gluing myself infront of my monitor waiting for emails or change of ceac status. Im still hoping that one day they will send my visa without doing another medical since it wasnt my fault. If they will ask me, no option but to follow.

• rep_up.png

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He did it back in October or November, and St. Luke's told him that it will expire at the end of March 2015, they said he needs to go before it expires. That's the only reason why I' concerned :(

He needs to leave or else he will redo the medical again. The us embassy told me that.

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

July 31 --- USCIS received

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Oct 16 PAID status for AOS Nov 1 IV Fee invoice and Pay

Nov 3 AOS and IV Package Sent

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Feb 5 - Interview @ 615 am (cancelled due to sputum test)

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

April 17 interview @ US Embassy - PASSED

June 30 TOUCHDOWN NY WITH ME AND MY KIDS....

Timeline

Yea, I knew he would need to do it again I just wasn't sure if he needs to go through the whole sputum and culture test again. I emailed St. Luke's and they confirmed that if they see any abnormalities on his x-rays he will in fact would have to go thru everything all over again.

I also called the Embassy and they said that if the visa expires we don’t necessarily would have to file the petition all over again, she said we could surrender the expired visa along with a letter explaining why the visa didn’t get used. For now all we can do is wait for the visa to get to my dad and see if it’s going to expire along with his medical results. Thanks for everyone’s help. Wish us luck!

Timeline

You may want to prepare your dad as early as now about leaving and not delaying until June.

Don't forget that he has to do CFO as well.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.