dancunanan

How long does it usually take to receive the passport with immigrant visa after the interview date at the embassy?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long does it normally take to receive the passport (with immigrant visa and packet) after the interview at the embassy, assuming all required documents were submitted on the date of interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Within 7-10 business days after your CEAC status says "issued".

Edited by apple21

Timeline

It depends as each case is unique.

Mine showed "issued" less than an hour after my interview. I checked right away the minute I got out of the embassy.

Others may take a day up to several days or worse case weeks (if you get a 221g or Administrative Processing).

Edited by apple21

Filed: IR-4 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks a lot "apple21" for your very informative replies to my questions, relative to your last reply, my next question will then be, will the US embassy notify me or any US government agency related to my visa application (USCIS or NVC) send me an update status that my case is under "administrative processing" or is it safe to say the my case is already under such status (administrative processing) as I was interviewed last February 9, 2015 and up to this time, I have not received my passport/visa. Neither, have I received any notice or advice of any issue or problem on my case from the embassy. The CEAC status has remained the same (Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section.......). I could not make any status inquiry from the US embassy as it is stated that the applicant can not make any status update inquiry within 60 days from the date of the interview.

Timeline

Nope they will not send you any notification. You are already finished with USCIS and NVC. You are dealing with the embassy now. You can keep an eye on CEAC.

You can email USEM (IV unit) for case update. I'm not sure where you got the info that you can't.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.