marriedguy

i-130 approved sent to NVC how to get case number ?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Please fill out your timeline.

It's hard to help with little or no info.

Here the guide, or more like a 'bible'

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Please take a look, it explains the process in detail

i-130 approved sent to NVC how to get case number ? do they give it over the phone

should i call them or wait for letter in mail.

one of the members said, they call or email.

USCIS said they sent it on march 10.

Once i get the case number and IIN should i pay money ? online ?

If you want to call, you can call them after 1 week.

They will ask you USCIS Receipt number, yours and yours spouse details, like name and DOB.

Let them know email ids of yours and your's spouse, along with the US local number ( which is very important).

Usually it takes around 30 to 40 days to get case number and IIN number. You can only pay the fees when you receive official email from NVC, without that NVC protal won't be open for you. Remember don't pay both fees simultaneously, otherwise you will receive an error. As soon as fees been paid, sent AOS and D-260 documents and D-260 form will be available for a beneficiary.

Fees can be paid online, or by check or by money order.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/fees/online-payment-.html

AOS documents ( I-864, pay stubs of your sponsor, income tax returns of 3 years, employment proof).

D-260 ( Birth certificate of beneficiary, Marriage certificate & police clearance). - Ask NVC whether they want it as copy or original.

If you do not have PCC yet try to get one before you pay fees. Keep your document ready. Check AOS form number of time. In doubt ask VJ's before you submit form and other documents. Because minor error in AOS or D-260 will cause you 60 days or more delay. Avoid checklist it is very frustrating. It is good to keep ready document when you wait for NVC case number.

Best wishes & Good luck.

NOTE: DO NOT BELIEVE ATTORNEY. CHECK THEIR WORK MILLION TIMES.

Edited by K415

Filed: Timeline

On March 10, 2015, we sent your case, Receipt Number xxxx , to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So that means I have to call NVC in another week ?

Once i pay fees

I submit DS 260 ? my wife has to submit her own DS 260 ? my wife lives in Europe, so she has to submit this in her country's embassy ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Please take a look at the links provided above

Those links will leadcyou to two extremely helpful sites where all of your questions that you have posted and much more will be answered.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i-130 approved sent to NVC how to get case number ? do they give it over the phone

should i call them or wait for letter in mail.

one of the members said, they call or email.

USCIS said they sent it on march 10.

Once i get the case number and IIN should i pay money ? online ?

Mr. marriedguy, yes, you will call NVC in few weeks (30 days to 40 days) to get your NVC case number and IIN number. Like other people, you will provide your email addresses of both you and your beneficiary, your name and your beneficiary's name, your date of birth, your beneficiary's date of birth your USCIS case number. Have you yet read the NVC process that I sent you the link about?

Yes, you will pay two invoices when invoices come up on the website after you receive NVC case number. Please read wiki process over and over so it has lot of information to tell you. It is useful and helpful. :)

After you pay two invoices and complete the choice of agent via portal website of ceac state, there will be three requirement submissions below:

One submission to NVC, not embassy: you will submit your I-864 form along with tax transcripts or copies of tax returns, employment letter, W2s and pay stubs if you are currently working.. if you are not working or not working and has low income, you should find a joint sponsor.

Second submission to NVC, not embassy: your beneficiary's documents including passport copy, copy of birth certificate, copy of marriage certificate, bona-fide stuff, police clearance, etc. just copies, not originals. Your beneficiary will show originals at the time of interview at US embassy/consulate.

Third, fill out DS260 online -- you or your beneficiary can fill out the DS260 online and submit it online and print all pages including confirmation page.

then wait for case complete in 60 days and pray for no checklist. You don't need to submit anything to the US embassy. NVC is the visa center (under state department, not homeland security) that will handle reviewing your case and completing it and then scheduling the embassy interview for your beneficiary in her country. After case complete, NVC will ship the whole completed case to your beneficiary's US embassy.

Make sure to read the NVC process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.