NYjones

confused about process after interview.

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am a bit confused as to what happens after a visa is approved in the f4 visa category. I am familiar with everything up to the point of interview.

I know that $165 has to be paid to the USCIS?

After point of entry, what happens? File for EAD and SSN while waiting for a green card?

Is filing for EAD mandatory?

Will there need to be any adjustment of status forms to submit?

Is there a flowchart or time line available online? I have been trying to search for one or information but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't do EAD and adjustment of status because F4 is an immigrant visa. You'll automatically get a 10year green card.

The $165 you or your petitioner can pay online on the ELIS at the USCIS website once you have your visa on-hand.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The i551 stamp on your passport will serve as temporary green card for 1 year. It automatically gives you work authorization.

You will get the green card within a month or so. It shouldn't take that long that's why they want you to pay the $165 before flying to the US.

If 3 weeks has passed and you haven't received your SS card, go to the nearest SSA office and apply for one. Bring your passport and original birth certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.