hobaawhab

Do not know if it is a mistake or not!

9 posts in this topic

hi all

Me and my wife got our visas finally..

Her marital status in her visa is married while mine is single.

The issue is when I first applied was single, then got married and added her to my case.Do not know such mistakes happen or there is no mistake at all?

Kindly help.

thanks,

If you are "single" you can't have a derivative wife. It's obviously a mistake but why take the chance of entering the US like that? In any case you are supposed to notify the embassy if there's a mistake. Get it fixed.

If you are "single" you can't have a derivative wife. It's obviously a mistake but why take the chance of entering the US like that? In any case you are supposed to notify the embassy if there's a mistake. Get it fixed.

thanks for reply

but, do not they take the information on Visa from DS260 ? in which I was single and got married after submitting it?

Filed: Timeline

will it affect us there?

thanks for reply

but, do not they take the information on Visa from DS260 ? in which I was single and got married after submitting it?

You mean you haven't contacted the embassy and are thinking of using the visa as is??? I guarantee that is a move you will regret for life if you do so. It's not a matter of them taking the information for the visa from the DS-260 form. People make mistakes, US embassy staff are human beings, and I'm sure there's a note included with the visa about contacting the embassy if there's an error on the visa. You will run into trouble if you use the visa as issued!

Firstly,thanks alot for replies.

What I am asking about is;i am single in my passport and single in visa application form.because I got married after submitting it.

I know that people make mistakes,but I am just want to confirm is it a mistake or the visa should be matching the passport and the form, that's it

Anyway thanks again, really appreciate

Firstly,thanks alot for replies.

What I am asking about is;i am single in my passport and single in visa application form.because I got married after submitting it.

I know that people make mistakes,but I am just want to confirm is it a mistake or the visa should be matching the passport and the form, that's it

Anyway thanks again, really appreciate

The embassy made a mistake on my brother country of birth, even though everything was listed correctly, he returned his visa to embassy and it was fixed in a week. You need to fix that before you travel to the USA. you don't wanna risk having a admission denial when you reach the airport, I just want you to be aware that the final decision for granting admission is for CBP at the port of entry. In your case , what ever is listed in your passport is irrelevant regarding the martial status. You need your immigrant file to have the correct information.,

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

The embassy made a mistake on my brother country of birth, even though everything was listed correctly, he returned his visa to embassy and it was fixed in a week. You need to fix that before you travel to the USA. you don't wanna risk having a admission denial when you reach the airport, I just want you to be aware that the final decision for granting admission is for CBP at the port of entry. In your case , what ever is listed in your passport is irrelevant regarding the martial status. You need your immigrant file to have the correct information.,

Thanks DC85

yesterday I submitted the passport to the embassy, they asked for my cellphone number.

So, I am waiting for their call.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.