Leapnthamix

Expedite AOS and EAD due to pending deployment

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We are currently in the process of preparing our documents for AOS and EAD for both me and my K2. My husband will be deployed on May 2015. We've heard that there are cases where applications were expedited due to deployment reasons. Has anyone of you undergone the same thing? May I know what the process is and the papers that we will be needing?

Should we submit first and then request to expedite? or

Should we do it at the same time?

Thank you so much.

Submit the papers, then once your petition is in the system, call the military helpline and let them know you are requesting for an expedite. They will give you a number where you can fax your husband's deployment orders. Send in your EAD and AP together with your AOS application.

Edited by iammrsregie

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all! Hopefully someone out there may be able to shed some light on this...

Military hotline? What number/where is that?

Thanks!

October 2007 - Met in school

December 14/2007 - Started dating

~ 2 to 4 visits a year between Canada & USA ~

Sept 10/2015 - Engaged! (FINALLY!) :wub:

K1 Fiancee Visa Journey!

Sept 15/2015 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS Lewisville, TX Lockbox via FedEx from California

Sept 17/2015 - FedEx confirmed delivery at Lockbox/ USCIS confirms receipt via website

Sept 22/2015 - NOA1: USCIS Email stating receipt of I-129F package

Oct 22/2015 - NOA2: Confirmation via Case Tracker APP

Oct 26/2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy in the mail!

Nov 25/2015 - Package 3 in the mail

Nov 27/2015 - Package 3 emailed to Vancouver Consulate

Lost the dates... but Package 4 came and went.

No issues!

Feb 26/2016 - Medical @ Dr. Cheema's office in Vancouver

Mar 1/2016 - K1 Interview @ Vancouver Consular Generals Office - Approved!

Mar 28/2016 - POE!

May 28/2016 - Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.