5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I came t the USA with a K1 earlier this month, already got married and working on the AOS. However I have a doubt. I have the appointment with the CS on Tuesday for him to check my vaccines (and get the flu shoot). As I understood reading the I693 form instr, I wouldn't need to make the whole medical examination, which I've done in October in 2014 back home (and it is valid for a year).

But I am freaking out here because the info about the TB skin test is so confusing. I have the Xray done and the CS did not mention any need of doing a TB skin test. Is it needed? I've read the instructions and it says that you only need the vaccines checked but then people say other things...

I would appreciate some help here.

Thanks.

Maria.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are not required to get another medical or any parts of the medical, such as new TB testing or blood work of any kind. You are only required to get all the vaccinations and have them transcribed onto an I-693 by a civil surgeon. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

~ Moved from K-1 Process to AOS from Family Based Visas - topic is AOS, not K-1 ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thank you guys!!!! I am going tomorrow to my appointment with the CS, let's see what they have to say. Apparently I have all my vaccines, except flu shoot, because it is optional in Spain and thats why I didn't take it. He said he will put it tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted!!

I just went to the appointment. He checked my vaccine records, put me the flu shoot, charged me 75$ and gave me the sealed envelope.

That was it!

Hopefully it will be ok for USCIS.

Thankss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.