KASH2011

I-751 March 2015 Filers

850 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Is there anybody out there who filed ROC in March 2015 with no updates yet? It's been a year. Nothing.

There are still some pending cases. Couple people recently confirmed cases pending due to ongoing background checks. At this point, unless your NOA is dated beyond March 30th at VSC, all March VSC or CSC cases are outside normal processing time. So if your case is still pending and you have no idea why, you could either do a service request, infopass, or call customer service and request to talk to a Tier 2 agent to learn why the case is still pending. I bet the quickest of all would be talking to a Tier 2 agent.

Also note your N400 eligibility will be coming up soon (maybe already has begun), you could file for N400 while ROC still pending. Everyone says N400 forces the service center to take action on the ROC.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Is there anybody out there who filed ROC in March 2015 with no updates yet? It's been a year. Nothing.

I also filed in March and nothing yet.

========Adjustment of status==========

07/10/2013 Application sent
08/13/2013 Biometrics Taken.
09/26/2013 Interview.

=======Romoval of conditions==========

03/25/2015 ROC Application Received

07/08/2015 Biometrics

11/19/2015 Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belize
Timeline

I also filed in March and nothing yet.

Wow and I though I was the only one, been waiting with no updates since April 2015. This is ridiculous, don't let it stop you from filing the N 400 when you become eligible.

AOS from F1 visa
11/09/12, Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) to Chicago lockbox.
11/13/12, Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/16/12, Text & email received for all 3 forms.
11/16/12, I-130 & I-485 checks cashed.
11/22/12, NOAs received for I-130, I-485, I-765.
12/11/12, Biometrics appointment (12/27) NOA received.
12/12/12, Successful Walk-in biometrics @ Varick Street Manhattan ASC.
12/18/12, Online case status available (I130-initial review; I1765-initial review; I485-testing and interview)
01/14/13, Notice of EAD approval via text & email.
01/22/13, EAD received.
03/24/13, Online status notification for interview April 30th.
04/30/13, Interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. No decision, pending background check
07/10/13, Day 244 Approved (after a very long wait)

07/18/13 Green Card in hand

ROC

04//14/15 Mailed ROC package (I-751) to Vermont Service Center

05/08/15 Received receipt notice dated 04/16/15

03/22/16 Approved (after 11.5 months)

N400

05//24/16 Mailed N400 package USCIS (Dallas)

12/05/2017 Interview notice arrived

01/03/2017 Interview completed

03/03/2017 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

we sent in our package in March 2015 as well and still haven't received approval. We had to send in more information but crickets since then... I am getting nervous and will definitely go and get an extension in my local office but this is crazy to me. Why is this taking so long?

For the ones that talked to a Tier 2 person - how do you request talking to one? Do you just tell the initial person you would like to talk to a Tier 2?

I guess I will also submit a service request.

12/03/2012 sent AOS package

12/05/2012 Application arrived at Chicago Lockbox

12/11/2012 received e-mail notifications

12/12/2012 checks were cashed

12/13/2012 received NOA1

12/21/2012 received biometrics appointment letter

12/24/2012 received RFE I-485 :/

Timeline

Hi all,

we sent in our package in March 2015 as well and still haven't received approval. We had to send in more information but crickets since then... I am getting nervous and will definitely go and get an extension in my local office but this is crazy to me. Why is this taking so long?

For the ones that talked to a Tier 2 person - how do you request talking to one? Do you just tell the initial person you would like to talk to a Tier 2?

I guess I will also submit a service request.

Funny enough there is a thread on this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/386995-how-to-talk-to-tier-2-uscis-officer/ Being prompt seemed to work for the most.

Timeline

Funny enough there is a thread on this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/386995-how-to-talk-to-tier-2-uscis-officer/ Being prompt seemed to work for the most.

Thanks Charmander!

The next issue. -.- I am trying to submit a service request and it tells me

• You must select the Form Number associated to your Receipt Number. The Form Number you selected does not match our records for that Receipt Number.

How in the world is that possible? I am feeling defeated.

12/13/2012 received NOA1

Timeline

Thanks Charmander!

The next issue. -.- I am trying to submit a service request and it tells me

• You must select the Form Number associated to your Receipt Number. The Form Number you selected does not match our records for that Receipt Number.

How in the world is that possible? I am feeling defeated.

Are you using the tracking number from the Biometrics appointment letter or the 1 year extension letter? Remember there are two numbers associated with the cases and the one on the 1 year extension letter is useless for tracking.

Timeline

Are you using the tracking number from the Biometrics appointment letter or the 1 year extension letter? Remember there are two numbers associated with the cases and the one on the 1 year extension letter is useless for tracking.

The one from my RFE. So it should be the correct number as this was the only one that worked when I tried to track my case (useless). So I was finally being connected to an A2 pressing the prompt to get a call back and then it just kicked me out. Called back and am currently holding. Let's hope I receive some news, good ones preferably. :)

12/13/2012 received NOA1

Called twice and asked to speak with an immigration officer. Waited for a few mins to be transferred, however, he/she did not give me any more info other than what I already know. "Your case is still pending" and when I said its already been a year, they said "make an info pass appt , get your passport stamped and wait"

Timeline

Well, no news whatsoever. Why can't this person see more than that it is being processed? She is sending a service request for me but still, I thought Tier 2 officers were able to see more about the case than that it is being processed?

12/13/2012 received NOA1

Timeline

Called twice and asked to speak with an immigration officer. Waited for a few mins to be transferred, however, he/she did not give me any more info other than what I already know. "Your case is still pending" and when I said its already been a year, they said "make an info pass appt , get your passport stamped and wait"

Same happened to me. I thought the Tier 2 officers were supposed to know more. It has been almost a year, and I was even told that my case is definitely out of processing times. Maybe it has to do with the background checks they are doing but then again, I would like that information so I am not completely up in the air.

12/13/2012 received NOA1

The Tier 2 officer can see more but not all of it. To actually find out what is going on with your case they gotta send a request to the person handling your case. After calling 3 times, someone finally did and after calling another time cause I didn't hear anything from that person, they finally send me an update. "Case still pending" -.- BUT a month after I finally got a letter for an interview on the 10th. I'm nervous about the interview but we shall see.

I'm gonna print out so many pictures lol

I hope you guys hear something soon! It took them 11 months to get back to me :/

Timeline

The one from my RFE. So it should be the correct number as this was the only one that worked when I tried to track my case (useless). So I was finally being connected to an A2 pressing the prompt to get a call back and then it just kicked me out. Called back and am currently holding. Let's hope I receive some news, good ones preferably. :)

Ok so you received RFE, replied, and have not heard back since then. As far as I know, that means you are cleared of background checks. If that was still pending, they wouldn't have taken any action on your case. RFE indicates they did the first run of inspection. Right now I bet it is just sitting on someone's desk.

Couple suggestions beyond talking to Tier 2 agent; get your congressman involved and consider filing for naturalization, a lot of people mentioned that would force them to take action on your pending ROC.

I found this website https://www.dhs.gov/cis-ombudsman-update-getting-most-out-your-call-uscis-national-customer-service-center it says Tier 2 officers cannot review already issued RFEs. Probably that's why she suggested you for service request or infopass.

Edited by charmander

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.