Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My Uncle had applied for my dad and Us, under the F4 Sibling visas.
It has been a long wait, and i have forgotten any information that i had once known that is relevant to this immigration process.
However, yesterday i submitted the "Choice of Address and Agent Form(DS-261)".
I recently graduated form a private university in EEE (Electerical & Electronic Engineering), and i am now looking for a job.
I am preparing for my GRE as well, and i was thinking about the student visa until about yesterday.
But this DS-261 came as a shock.
Now, once me and my family go to USA, we will be completely broke, after paying all the expenses involved in this transition.
So what are the prospects of getting a financial help in order to do my Masters Degree in USA, or getting a job.
Any advice on how to plan from here on.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


A green card holder can access college financial aid to go to school. Some of it will be grants that you do not have to pay back. Some will be loans that you will have to pay back.

Most likely, you will need to live in a state for 1 year before being eligible for in-state tuition. If you do not meet the 1 year residency requirement, then you will pay 3x or 4x as much for out-of-state tuition.

Your chances of a job depends on your work experience, education, your persistent, English skills, personality, etc. There are so many factors that it's impossible to tell your prospect of a job.

If the job is working in a restaurant with people from your country, then it's relatively easy to find these jobs.

For an EE job, no one can tell you your prospects.

Best of luck.

Edited by aaron2020

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.