anz

After Interview AP shows on CEAC

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello

Today morning our visa interview was done, After few questions Visa officer said to collect your passports after 2 to 3 weeks. He didn't gave any slip or document. Now I check my CEAC and current status is changed with AP. Please guide that what happened either they demand further documents or just stamp the visa.

Thanks in advance

Case Creation Date: 15-Apr-2011
Status Updated Date: 25-Feb-2015

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

FB-3 Visa
I-130 NOA1 : 2003-10-04
I-130 Approved : 2011-03-22
NVC Received : 2014-01-29
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-05-13
Submit DS-261 : 2014-05-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-11
Send IV Package : 2014-10-09
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-01-02
Case Completed at NVC : 2014-12-09
Packet 4 Received : 2015-01-02
Interview Date : 2015-02-25

VISA ISSUED : 2015-02-26

Green Card Fee (USCIS ElIS) : 2015-03-08

Entry US 2015-06-06

Social Security Card 2015-06-09

Green Card 2015-07-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If the CO said that you will get your visa in 2-3 weeks then that means your visa is approved, Just give them few days to stamp your visa

Its a good sign in your case.

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Administrative Processing is an ugly term because most posts about AP come from those whose AP consists of terrorist checks, bacground investigations and the like. And these sort of things can take months or even a year or more.

But most AP does not involve these slow things. Most AP is simply the post interview clerical work of making sure nobody missed a document and that they are all filled out correclty, and printing the visa and gluing it to the passport. This, depending on the consulate and how busy they are, can take anywhere from 3 days to 3 months, but usually 2 to 3 weeks.

Everybody gets AP. Without AP, you will never get your visa. But most of us don't get the bad AP (terrorist checks, etc). Most of us get the clerical work type of AP and will see our visas in short order.

Keep checking the CEAC website. Yours could move between AP and READY one or more times. This is perfectly normal and a good sign because it means they are working in it and it is not sitting in a pile waiting to be worked on. And when you see ISSUED, you are close to the finish line.

Edited by Al422

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

If the CO said that you will get your visa in 2-3 weeks then that means your visa is approved, Just give them few days to stamp your visa

Hi , My visa was approved on March 9th and they told me to wait for 2 weeks to get my passport back and its saying administrative processing. It hasn't been two weeks yet. My status changed from ready to administrative processing today and when i inquired yesterday that why my status was ready. The embassy sent a generic response that my case is in administrative processing and they cant predict the time. I'm not sure what that means since my visa was approved by the visa officer.

Hi , My visa was approved on March 9th and they told me to wait for 2 weeks to get my passport back and its saying administrative processing. It hasn't been two weeks yet. My status changed from ready to administrative processing today and when i inquired yesterday that why my status was ready. The embassy sent a generic response that my case is in administrative processing and they cant predict the time. I'm not sure what that means since my visa was approved by the visa officer.

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

I attend my interview 6 april2015 and CO said congratulation and u r approved but the same day ceac status show AP .now after 9 days ceac case update date change but status same AP.whats problem with my case and how much time takes more.CO was not give me any white or blue slip.whats problem with my case and how much days take more for issued viza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.