Jump to content

I-751 for dependent step-daughter of divorced spouse

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Here's the facts:

1 Wife brought from Thailand in May 2012 on K-1 visa

2 Wife received her 10 yr green card in October 2014

3 Brought wife's daughter (step-daughter) here in 2013 on dependent child visa

4 Divorced from wife on 11/2014

5 Step-daughter is eligible for removal of conditions April 2015

6 I am currently helping my step-daughter to complete her I-751

7 She has remained single and is currently 20 yrs old


1 Under "Marital Status" questions 11-15: Is this section for myself, the original sponsor of wife's daughter or do I fill this out with reference to my step-daughter?

2 Do I have to fill out Part 4 "Information about your Children" with my step-daughter as reference?

3 What documents do I have to provide along with the I-751?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.