stefiec89

Expedited case

10 posts in this topic

I had my case expedited 3 weeks before I got a case number. I've filled out my DS260 and now im not sure whether or not to go ahead and pay the first bill (AOS). NVC are as confused as I am... Go figure. Any ideas anyone????

are you sure it was the DS-260 visa application form that you fill out and not the DS-261 choice of agent form. The DS-261 choice of agent should of been the first step after you got your case and invoice numbers. Next will be paying the AOS fees. Then once the DS-261 form is process and your IV fees is invoice you will be able to pay the IV fees. and submit AOS and civil documents.

You can submit the AOS and the IV packets after you pay the AOS fees. while you are waiting for the IV fee to be invoice, to save some time

If that was the DS-260 that you did fill out, it is different then the way it done for most . that is probably why NVC is confuse.

you should go ahead and pay the AOS fee if it will let you as that and the IV fee will have to be paid

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Sorry I get confused but yes it was the DS261. Hm Im thinking if I still have to send everything to NVC, there was obviously no point having the case expedited

I think your a bit confused.

I'm applying for IR-1 but I had my case expedited 3 weeks ago.. It was approved but NVC have no record of it on their system so they are confused

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After approval it will take couple of days for USCIS to forward it to NVC. NVC will be the one giving you your case number and IIN. When you say expedited, NVC will directly send your case to your embassy without even reviewing it. If they did that to you. You just need to bring the requirements at the day of your interview and pay the fees in embassy.

I've already received my case number last Friday but my case was expedited a couple days after NVC Received it (before I had the case number). Now NVC have no idea about the expedite even though it's been approved so they can't tell me what I'm supposed to do

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question. If you send a request to expedite, is NVC replied to all that files is under review or only the cases with the chance to get approve. I request for expedite my case and I received an email that it is currently under review.

Your case is under review and you should be getting a decision in the next few days. Your request gets sent to the consulate and they are the ones who decide.

Your case is under review and you should be getting a decision in the next few days. Your request gets sent to the consulate and they are the ones who decide.

Thanks I hope for a positive reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.