meblue

Correction of name would affect AOS processing time?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got my NOA 1, my middle name was left out. The NOA stated that we should contact them immediately if any of the information is not correct. We called the USCIS phone number they provide at the bottom part of my NOA 1, we asked them to correct it. They said that we will recieve of Notice of Name Correction within 45 days.

Will the correction of my name affect my AOS processing time? My main concern is that my medical will expire while waiting for USCIS to process my AOS. I have read on some websites that as long as I have my NOA 1 it would be OK that my medical will expire before the processing is complete. Can anyone can confirm if this is true or not.

Thank you,

meblue

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As long as your medical was less than one year from the time you sent in your application for AOS, you will be fine. It does not matter how long it takes USCIS to process the AOS, it's only important that you submit the application within a year of the medical.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Uh, I have never had my middle name on any of my NOAs for either my k1 or my AOS so I'm not sure if it is necessary to contact USCIS for this reason. Which is good for you!

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Yeah James never had his middle name printed on anything they sent (even though it was on the forms we sent). In fact, he has two middle names and his EAD only has First, Last, and then one middle initial.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Timeline

Thank you guys for the quick reply.... We already called the USCIS about having my middle name added and they will send us correction of name in 45 days.

My concern is, this will cause a delay in my AOS processing?

meblue

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you guys for the quick reply.... We already called the USCIS about having my middle name added and they will send us correction of name in 45 days.

My concern is, this will cause a delay in my AOS processing?

meblue

I had the same problem, and called them to add my middle name. They also said they'd send me a letter within 45 days, but they never did. At around the 55th day or so I got my interview notice, and it had my middle initial, so I guess they corrected my name in the system. So, to address your concern, no, it will not cause a delay in your AOS processing.

If you do not get a letter in 45 days, make an Infopass appointment to get it corrected or verify that it has been corrected. That's what I did, but I got my interview notice with my correct name the same day I made the appointment, so I ended up canceling it. Do not call the misinformation line again if you receive nothing in 45 days because all they'll do is send another request to change your name and you will have to wait another 45 days.

I didn't have my middle name on any of my NOA's either, but when they sent me my interview notice my middle name was indicated on it. I would think your middle name would be on their file already.

Application for Naturalization (N-400)

11 May 2010 - Mailed application to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox (Day 1)

13 May 2010 - Package Received in Phoenix (Day 3)

24 May 2010 - Check Cashed/NOA Date (Day 13)

27 May 2010 - Received NOA1 (Day 16)

05 June 2010- Received Biometrics Notice (Day 25)

22 June 2010- Schedule for Biometrics (Day 42)

11 August 2010 - Interview at Los Angeles, CA Field Office (Day 92)- APPROVED

22 Sept. 2010 - Oath Taking (busy at work and had to reschedule)

17 Nov. 2010 - Oath Taking at Pomona, CA

Timeline
I had the same problem, and called them to add my middle name. They also said they'd send me a letter within 45 days, but they never did. At around the 55th day or so I got my interview notice, and it had my middle initial, so I guess they corrected my name in the system. So, to address your concern, no, it will not cause a delay in your AOS processing.

If you do not get a letter in 45 days, make an Infopass appointment to get it corrected or verify that it has been corrected. That's what I did, but I got my interview notice with my correct name the same day I made the appointment, so I ended up canceling it. Do not call the misinformation line again if you receive nothing in 45 days because all they'll do is send another request to change your name and you will have to wait another 45 days.

Thank you so much ajmc, for sharing your experience. I feel much better now.

Thanks for everybody for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

meblue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.