Mr. Big Dog

Boston’s Ridiculous February Snowfall In One Chart

100 posts in this topic

What area?

Ludlow..... near Springfield

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Well, I'm back to work today after a forced 2 day shutdown. About 1/2 dozen of the roof supports in the back of our building cracked under the weight of the snow and the building inspector shut us down until all the snow was cleared off of the roof. It took a crew of 18 people two days to get it done (our building is huge). We got the ok to re-enter the building at 9am this morning. This has been one interesting and frustrating winter to say the least.

We've got more rain and snow coming Sat/Sun, should be interesting.

Well, I'm back to work today after a forced 2 day shutdown. About 1/2 dozen of the roof supports in the back of our building cracked under the weight of the snow and the building inspector shut us down until all the snow was cleared off of the roof. It took a crew of 18 people two days to get it done (our building is huge). We got the ok to re-enter the building at 9am this morning. This has been one interesting and frustrating winter to say the least.

We've got more rain and snow coming Sat/Sun, should be interesting.

my kid hasn't been to school since thursday of last week. they had a two hour delay this morning (i guess because it's cold outside?) total snowfall: about 4 inches total over 4 days lol. and it's the kind of snow that just blows right off the road.

We got a call from the school district last night to alert us of the weather awaiting in the morning. Yes, it's that severe. Temperatures dropped to 36F this morning.

i think it was like one degree this morning, my kid still refuses to wear a coat to the bus stop. must be a teenager thing.

Filed: Timeline

i think it was like one degree this morning, my kid still refuses to wear a coat to the bus stop. must be a teenager thing.

Should have seen my daughter - all bundled up. She's not used to those kind of temperatures. It'll be worse tomorrow - dropping below 30.

Should have seen my daughter - all bundled up. She's not used to those kind of temperatures. It'll be worse tomorrow - dropping below 30.

ouch. it's going to be cold and crappy here it looks like till sunday. then it should get up to 50.

We got a call from the school district last night to alert us of the weather awaiting in the morning. Yes, it's that severe. Temperatures dropped to 36F this morning.

36 you say, that's beach weather round here. :lol:

web-1.jpg

Poor parenting. Ask ExExPat.

36 you say, that's beach weather round here. :lol:

web-1.jpg

I don't think it's hit 32 out here in the 'burbs for close to 3 weeks. Next time it does I'm gettin' naked and running down the street. Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Poor parenting. Ask ExExPat.

probably so. i'm a fan of kids learning via consequence. he's 13, if he wants to freeze his butt off on the corner for 10 minutes a day, it's his choice.

probably so. i'm a fan of kids learning via consequence. he's 13, if he wants to freeze his butt off on the corner for 10 minutes a day, it's his choice.

Great, and if he gets sick the rest of us will have to pay for his health care because of Obama. Do your job and make him wear a coat, hat, scarf and gloves.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Great, and if he gets sick the rest of us will have to pay for his health care because of Obama. Do your job and make him wear a coat, hat, scarf and gloves.

making him wear a coat, hat (would never happen), scarf (would certainly never happen), and gloves (yeah, right) is not my job. paying for his insurance coverage is my job and i've been doing so since 2002. private policy - no thanks to obama.