midwesterner27

DCF gone for good?

3 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I just went to the consulate in Warsaw with every possible govt form filled out and ready to go for DCF. I thought that after an agonizing 9 months of bureacratic nightmares of the process of getting married in Poland me and my wife would be able to come to the US and see my family again (within three months), and then this morning I found out what everyone here already knows.

I am absolutely crushed, and dont know how to tell my family. The officer at this embassy that convinced me to do DCF 9 months ago wasn't even there to respond.

If anyone has any information to share I am glad to hear it. I know many others are suffering, too.

Andrew

It seems the rules are currently changing and noone quite knows yet waht the outcome will be... you should check back in the forum the next couple of days and maybe the different websites, like the US embassy site in Poland and the USCIS site in Vienna... USCIS= United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The USCIS in Vienna has jurisdiction over Poland and I'm guessing they will process applications in the future, but so far it's not on their website.

also check this site:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigrants_3121.html

It seems to me that residencey requirements will be more stringent in the future, which means the US citizen will have to have a residency permit for the country he or she is filing from.

Still, most of this is speculation, so just check back here the next couple of days

I went to the embassy in Denmark on the 26th of Jan. and they told me I couldn't file anymore, cause the new law went into effect on the 23rd

best wishes

timelineAUG20.jpg

Greetings all, I just went to the consulate in Warsaw with every possible govt form filled out and ready to go for DCF. I thought that after an agonizing 9 months of bureacratic nightmares of the process of getting married in Poland me and my wife would be able to come to the US and see my family again (within three months), and then this morning I found out what everyone here already knows.

I am absolutely crushed, and dont know how to tell my family. The officer at this embassy that convinced me to do DCF 9 months ago wasn't even there to respond.

If anyone has any information to share I am glad to hear it. I know many others are suffering, too.

Andrew

Andrew,

Do not despair! I just spoke with a lovely woman named Meredith at the USCIS office in Vienna, and she said that there has been such an outcry that the situation is getting changed back to the previous system, with ALL consulates who could accept I-130 petitions again able to! :dancing::dancing: The only difference will be that the consulate will have to wire your name to USCIS in Vermont to clear you for criminal background, and how long THAT will take is, of course, the question no one can answer. But, it should be much, much faster than anything else available (another poster was told that it would delay things only about 5 extra days). So, if you can, just sit tight for a few days and wait for this to become really and truly official (she said she was 95% sure this would happen, probably within the next week, and that they were "just waiting for the cable").

Hope that helps.

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.